Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 7-Wed-Dec 24

Day 7--Wednesday..December 24th.

Ive been here a whole week!

Today went much smoother! It was the 2nd day of MWF classes.

First class I have 12 students. At the beginning of class I had to take time to find out their English names. That took a while. I made a seating chart on a piece of paper so I could refer to it during class. One was late and he was also dozing off in class. I docked his participation score. The boy beside him thought it was so funny. I couldn't help but laugh. He pointed to him and put his hands up in a sleeping gesture. Even though he was dozing off he got 4 out of the 5 questions right on his quiz. maybe it was luck. One of my students gave me some candy. After class was over she passed out candy to the whole class. My first class is good. They all participate.

My 2nd class had 6 students. They are well behaved and they participate. One of them didn't know the answer to any of the questions I asked today, probably not really paying attention.

My 3rd class has 3 students. They are well behaved and participate.

My 4th class has a lot of energy and enthusiasm for learning. On Monday i had 2 students. One of my students moved to a new level so now I have one. She really likes me. The korean teacher said she was talking about how much she likes me. When I walked into the room she told me how much she liked me. She's a great student. She'll always get a great participation score. She has an advantage--a private class with me. She loves quizzes. We were doing exercises in the book and she asked "do we have another quiz?"..nope only one. She has a lot of energy. Sometimes she just gets up in the middle of class and runs around the room when she gets an answer right. I dont mind it since she's a great student and she's not bothering anyone. Its going to be a challenge to have enough material. I might have to make up bonus material. it just has to go along with the lesson.

My new organization system is helping out a lot. I made an excel spreadsheet to input all my grades and participation. I also made seating charts in every class so i could remember names for my MWF classes. I still need to make charts and spreadsheets for my tues/thurs classes.

Friday I am going to get a physical at the hospital. someone from the school is taking the foreign teachers. We are also going to set up a korean bank account.

Saturday we are actually leaving the city! We are going to the Hollywood Grill in Itaewon. I'll get to meet my recruiter.

After work tonight me and the guys went out to eat pizza at a place called "Pizza School". It was good and a pizza with 8 small slices is only 5,000 won!($3.75!) Now I have a late night option although pizza isnt that healthy either.

My heat works! I left it off during the day and its still very hot! the mechanic came to fix it. I've got it set on 50 celcius which feels good.

I bought a drying rack tonight.

I finally changed the code on my door. We used to have the same code. The director told us how to change it. I was trying to figure it out and his wife came out and showed me how to do it.

No comments: