Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 22

Day 22 January 8--Thursday

I got mail from my mom last night! It was just a short "test" mail. I told her to send something unimportant just to make sure it got here instead of sending something important and the address wasn't recognizable. I wonder why it wasn't in my mailbox. It was on top of the mailboxes so i don't know what day it actually arrived. Now she can send my package of important stuff!

Last night I lost my glove. I was so upset since that would be the 2nd glove I've lost since I've been here. I didn't want to buy another pair. I found my glove today in the hallway on the stairs. I'm glad I found it!

On Saturday I'm going out with one of the female Korean teachers. She asked me yesterday "would you like to be my friend". I said "sure". She's a nice girl..our desks are beside each other at work. She's 33 but she doesn't look her age. (No one does over here. I found out that one of the guys is 30 and we would have guessed around 25.) We are going to see a movie and she wants me to go with her to a birthday party for someone's kid. Should be fun. It will be neat to see how they celebrate. and definatly neat if the movie is in Korean cause I wont know what the heck is going on!

I only had to teach 3 classes today. Thursdays are so much better than Tuesdays. No middle school class on Thursday so I get a 75 min break which is nice. I can grade papers and enter grades during my break.

Today in my 1st 2 classes we talked about superheroes. I don't think they really understood what a superhero was or what a superhero did so I had a lot of questions to answer. They had a part where they had to create their own superhero and I don't think they understood although I explained it a million times.

My 2nd class was a little rowdy again today. I'm going to have to start threatening them with detention.

in my 2nd class a group of 3 girls came up to me after class. One of the girls said "you're cute". ah how nice. Its okay for girls to say that to each other but I do have a funny story. Andrew, one of the other foreign teachers, had 2 teenage guys tell him he was "handsome". He was kinda freaked out by that. Guys don't say that kind of stuff to each other.

I got more essays today. They are on topic but they still don't make sense! Its going to be hard to correct them!

Ate at burger king again for lunch. at night we went to pizza school.

We have a new person who is in charge of us because we were unhappy with the other guy. This guy speaks much better English and will be able to help us more.

Exchange Rate: 1332-back up again...see it rises and falls everyday..unpredictable just like the stocks

Weather: 6:03pm it was +2 celcius which is 35 F. It hasn't gotten out of the 30's since I've been here. The highest its been is 39 degrees F.

No comments: