Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 43 Its 2pm baby

Day 43 January 29, 2009 Thursday

Today I had to be back at school at 9am. The last time I will have to be at school at 9am this semester. Tomorrow I have to be at school at 10:30am.

Today was just a normal day at school.

My first class is a great class. They are very well behaved and always do their work. I never have a problem with them.

My 2nd class is another story! They are loud everyday. I have to tell them to be quiet constantly. Im seriously going to have to start assigning dentention to the loud students. Today we had a shorter version of class because there was an awards ceremony going on at 3pm. We ended class a about 10 mins before I should have. I was doing the last part of the lesson and the students kept telling me that they had to go downstairs at 2:50 we didnt need to leave the room till close to 3pm. so I ended class early. 2 of the girls changed their English names. They get to make up their own English name to use for class and they decided they wanted to change theirs midway through the semester. One of them wants to be Jenny and the other one wants to be Jennifer. the 3 girls in the class wanted to take pictures of me with their cell phones again. They also asked me a lot of questions about myself like my age, where im from, favorite color, etc. Then at 3pm we went to the auditorium where they were awarded for who got the highest grades on the midterm and vocabulary test. 2 of my students got awards. The ceremony lasted about 10 minutes.

My last class is great also. there are only 3 people in the class. 2 boys and one girl and they are very well behaved and always do their work.

The 2 guys are always saying "its 2pm baby". they say it at least 10 times every class so I asked them what it was. 2pm is the name of a band.

I'm going out to eat with the korean elementary teachers tomorrow.

I talked to my recruiter. Monday I may have an interview with the director from a preschool in Nowan. I need to get my documents together for moving to a new school. I'm waiting on my mom to send my transcripts. I found out I have to go get another health check. oh my. at least I know what to expect now. I dont understand why I need a new one though. you must need one for every school you go to.

One of the korean middle school teachers wanted to hangout on Sunday. She wanted to go to the DMZ. I gave her the info and she was going to call about it. She can't go with me. Koreans can't go to the DMZ. thats odd-she says its probably because some Koreans might try to cross over into North Korea. She's never been and she wanted to go. I'm still going sometime soon. Probably when it gets warm. I'm going to go with the USO tour because I've heard its the best tour group to go with. Its a bit pricey at $44 but I think it will be worth it.

Tonight I am trying out voice chat on Skype with my mom and sister.

tomorrow is payday! I get 2/3 of my salary through direct deposit. I got a 1/3 advance last month. I hope we get a pay stub so I can see where my money is going. If not Im going to ask for one.

No comments: