Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 25

Day 25 January 11, 2009 Sunday

I've found a new car that I want. The 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. They used the Infiniti G37 as a model. It looks just like an infiniti but a lot cheaper. It hasnt been released in the USA but it has been released in Korea (2009 model?) for 23,000,000 won which equals out to $18,000 usd. When it comes out in the USA I bet it would be more expensive than if I would have bought in it Korea. I would buy one in Korea but shipping it home would cost tons of money! I'll wait till it comes out in 2010 and buy it then in the low 20 thousand range which is still a lot cheaper than the infiniti. I like the dark blue one in the pictures!

go to this site to see pictures: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/10/hyundai-launches-genesis-coupe-in-korea.html

Today has just been a lazy Sunday. I seriously need to start looking for churches. I just think the difficulty will be finding English speaking churches. Its pointless to go to a korean service where I dont know what's going on. I do have one megachurch that I plan to visit soon. maybe next Sunday.

I went to bed at 1am and got up around noon.

I havent done much today. I washed one load of clothes and I still have one more load. I don't have to plan any lessons for Monday and Tuesday so i dont have to worry about that.

I still need to finish correcting the essays. I try to do a little bit everyday but its so difficult.on some of them I have no clue what they are trying to say because the words are in the wrong place and it doesn't make sense. They dont have beginnings, middles and ends. There are no paragraphs, just a bunch of sentences. They start sentences with and and because. They didnt write 10 sentences like they were suppose to. One of my essays is 3 run on sentences. One of my essays isnt an essay at all. Its just a copy of the outline. I dont think the Korean teachers really taught them how to write the essay or even tell them what the topic was. I have 15 essays to mark and 6 of them are totally off topic. I guess they just said "hey write an essay." They need to show the students an example of a good essay. Its not my job to teach them how to write. I'm only there to teach English. Im afraid if I try to help them too much that I'll get in trouble. seriously.

I went to eat at Wips again. I really like it. Today I got a cutlet set. It was 3 pieces of meat, noodles, rice and some stuff kinda like macaroni salad. For only 7,000 won. ($5.10 usd)

I'm in a PC cafe right now. This particular one I went to has a non smoking section. great! I won't die of 2nd hand smoke today. At least I wont have to worry about coming to a PC cafe for much longer. Its really loud in here. Lots of young guys playing video games and talking to each other. I get my Alien Registration Card on Wednesday then I can get internet! One of the guys is going to get internet and a wireless router and we are going to share the connection. or at least try to.

I was reading everyone's status updates on Facebook and I saw that the Panthers lost the playoff game. I just wonder why they have a good season then make it to the big game and let us down.

Exchange: 1371 won=$1. Thats the highest its been since Ive been here. please keep going up until I get my check!! I need to transfer money around January 28th and I want a good exchange rate so it equals to more dollars in my US account.

Weather: at 4:51 it is -5 celcius which is 23 Fahrenheit. It feels like -10 celcius which is 14 Fahrenheit. Its way too cold!!

No comments: