Monday, January 26, 2009

day 40

Day 40 Monday January 26

I'm going to die from smoke inhalation...really....so many people smoke around here...but early this morn it was almost a reality.

I thought our apartment was going to burn down. I was sitting in my room and I started to smell smoke a little then the smell got stronger. I knew it wasn't anything in my room so I opened the door to see what was going on.

The hall was full of smoke. I put on my coat and grabbed my bookbag bc it had all my important documents and phone. I went down to the second floor and saw someone's door open. I guess all the smoke was coming from that room where the door was open. I walked down to the first floor and there was no smoke there.

I opened a lot of the windows in the halls...then when I got back my room was full of smoke so I had to open my windows. I had to go outside to get some fresh air.

I'm glad I can smell. If I couldn't then I would burn up if there was a real fire. We don't have sprinklers or even a fire alarm in the building! Thats the bad thing about living in a foreign country...a lot of safety things aren't required.

They won't even put fire alarms in buildings but they will put a warning on the stairs in the subway that says "warning: steps ahead"--yes that is above the stairs!! once you're halfway down they decide to let you know that you are walking down stairs just in case you didn't know.

I watched 2 of the 3 episodes of The Bachelor. I need to download the 3rd episode. I only found one file for the 3rd episode and it wouldn't open. maybe someone will post it later. I hope the PC cafe is open today.

No comments: