Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 13--2 lessons in each class

Day 13--December 30--Tuesday

So today we had to teach 2 lessons in every class because they weren't in school last Thursday and they wont be in class this Thursday because of holidays. I didn't finish all the material in any of my classes. It was so rushed.

Lots of miscommunication around here. All along they told us that today was payday. We'd get paid the 30th of every month. We would get paid for the time that we had been here. Then they told us that we would get paid a month from when we started on the day that we thought we were getting paid. But they made a deal with us. We'd get 1/3 of our salary and it would be in our accounts tomorrow. good. 1/3 is better than nothing.

This morning I was suppose to teach a special class at 9:50 with 8 students. There were 9 students on the roll and 12 people showed up to class so i had to go back downstairs and get more books.The special class is actually easier to teach! I don't need to prep and there's enough material.

I think I'm going to have a problem with my 2nd class. They are rowdy. Today I had to keep telling them to be quiet and they didn't want to listen. They were begging to play a game. I wouldn't play a game bc I had to get through 2 lessons today. Then it was too hot and I don't know how to work the air conditioner because I cant read the remote so I let my students play with the remote to make it work. They laughed every time I said the word "Shadow" bc it sounds like "shut up" (I had to ask why they kept laughing). Today 2 of my students wanted to change their english name. a girl wants to be called "big bang" (its a popular music group) and a guy wants to be "Kara". ok.

Later in the day one of the Korean teachers told me that some students in my 2nd class were complaining because of the rowdy students. there were 4 boys who wouldn't be quiet. She told me if I have problems to let her know and she will call their parents. good. Im going to threaten them with detention. She said they don't act up in her class. why in mine??

For lunch I had a small pizza and a walnut pie from Paris Baguette. It was good.

After school we went to a korean restaurant. Andrew ordered for us. We had dook bae gi bulgogi. it was delicious. Then we realized that its what we had at the restaurant near the school. It only costed 4,000 won. I asked him how to pronounce it because I like it. We also went to Icebean to get ice cream. I got a small cup. I dont know what flavors I had but it was good. 2 flavors for 3,000 won.

Tonight I was so tired. I didn't plan my lessons. I went to bed early and I'll get up early to plan my lessons.

No comments: