Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 17--jan 3rd

Day 17 January 3rd

So today me and the guys were going to go to Hongdae. We were going to leave at 11am. I got up at 10am and I was ready. I went outside my room and stood there for 10 mins. I thought maybe they were late or they left without me. So I rang both of their doorbells. James answered. Andrew didn’t. Both of them were still asleep. They stayed out late last night. So James said we would go tomorrow.

I got out and went to eat and to Home Plus. I checked my account first. I took out 50,000 won. I had 898,000 left. So that mean’s my check was 948,000.

Then I went to eat at a Korean restaurant. Now that I know one dish I can order for myself at Korean restaurants. I went to the restaurant that we went to the other day. I ordered Dook bae gi bulgogi. It was good. I tried a piece of kimchi—its hot! I also tried another one of the sides…wow it was hot too. I’ll just stick with the main dish.

Then I went to Home Plus to pick up some household items. I had to get toilet cleaner, a toilet brush, small trashcan for bathroom, bathmat, broom/dustpan. I also got more hangers, coke, milk and bananas. I spent 31,000. The little trashcan I got was so cute. It has a saying on it about friendship. It says “if you need me you know where to reach me, I’m just a phone call away” on the top and on the side it says “True love is so rare and precious but a good friendship is even more so. You are my most valuable treasure”. Its so cute but so odd for a trashcan saying!! I’d like to get those for friends but I don’t know how they would feel about receiving a trashcan.

I did some cleaning today. A little rearranging and I swept my room.

For supper I went to Lotteria. I heard that the shrimp burger was good. I tried it and its true! The shrimp burger is delicious. The combo was 4,700 and came with a small fry, small drink and some latte drink.

Then I headed to the PC café for 3 and a half hours. I checked email and caught up on all my blogs.

The other day I found funny Korean shirts online. I want one!!

I washed one load of clothes tonight.

Its very cold!! The temperature at 11pm was 0 Celsius which comes out to 32 F. For the next 10 days the high temperature will be 3 Celsius which is 37 Fahrenheit. The low for the next 10 days will be -12 which is 10 degrees Fahrenheit. I’m not used to weather this cold!!

Today’s exchange rate= 1331 won=$1
Its up from 1265 on Wed or Thursday. It fluctuates everyday. Up and down. I’ve been here 2 weeks and the lowest was 1265 and the highest was 1331. a 66 point fluctuation in a few days.

No comments: