Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 14--I've been here 2 weeks!

Day 14--December 31--Wednesday

Wow Ive been in South Korea for 2 weeks. wow time really does fly. The crying has subsided and I'm adjusting. I'm getting used to teaching. I still wish I was at home but I'm not planning on coming home anytime soon.

Today I had to teach 2 units in my MWF classes. Some classes I had time to complete the lesson but other classes there wasn't enough time.

So we were all hanging out around after school because we knew we were going out to eat. Then we found out that the Korean teachers had a meeting that was going to last an hour so we didn't end up going out until after 9pm. (my classes were over at 5:45 so I was just sitting around playing on the internet)

We went out to eat with the Korean staff. I was the only female besides the principal's wife. All the female teachers didn't join us. We ate out for New Year's Eve at a korean restaurant. Another restaurant where you have to take off your shoes and sit on the floor. ouch again! Our legs always hurt! The koreans act like it doesnt even bother them! I don't know the name of what we were eating but I know it was pork. another restaurant where you cook it on the table and everyone shares. I tried one piece of kimchi--oh my its hot!!They saw us struggling with the chopsticks and brought us forks. the guys didn't use theirs but I used mine! I bet they have a blast watching us struggle with chopsticks!I really should try to learn!

While we were in the restaurant there was a MMA match on tv. Everyone kept watching it. There was this huge guy on there. The shortest guy was 188 cm and this guy had to be about 2 feet taller. He towered over the other guy. The smallest guy actually won. At one point we wondered why they were taking a timeout. then we saw the replay--the short guy kicked the tall guy between the legs. Then later the short guy won by kicking the tall guy in the knee.

None of us actually had any official new year's plans. I just sat in my room. the guys went out drinking.

No comments: