Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 34 Resignation letter

Day 34 January 20 Tuesday

I finally talked to my mom today. I sent her my phone number in email and she called me in the morning. I hadn't talked to her since I left on December 16th.

Me and the other foreign teacher, James, had a meeting with our foreign liason today. We both handed in our resignation letters-our 45 day notice. March 6 will be our last day. I think James is still on the fence. He handed in his letter just in case. The foreign liason said that they will try to negoiate with us to try to get us to stay. If James gets a good offer he will stay. I am not staying.

We are resigning because we aren't happy with the way things are going at the school. Its very disorganized and there are so many misunderstandings.

I'm hoping they release me on Feb 27th. I dont see why I need to stay till march 6. The semester ends on Feb 27th.

My recruiter says he has a position he thinks I will like working with preschoolers ages 4-5. I think I will enjoy that. The lessons will have to be very simple and we will probably be playing a lot of games to teach lessons. I think I would enjoy working with little kids. I would be moving to another city. Nowan which is 15 minutes south of where I am now. The only bad thing is that I'll have to be here an extra 2 months since I will be starting a new 1 year contract. So I'll be home in March of 2010.

One of the korean teachers had to come to my class today. My class was being too loud. We were checking answers on the quiz and they were getting excited because they got the answers right. a teacher came over and said something in korean.

No comments: