Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 35 Jan 21

Day 35 January 21, 2009 Wednesday

Today they tried to negoiate with James. I dont know what they tried to offer him but he said they didnt try to negoiate his salary. I was wondering why they didnt try to negotiate with me but he told me that he told him not to even bother because I had made up my mind. Thats right. Dont even try!!

Classes were good today. I had to teach 2 lessons in all of my classes since they will miss a day next week due to a holiday. The students dont like doing 2 lessons. They asked "why are we doing 2 lessons" I told them I had to do 2 lessons since we were going to miss a day next week.

I had a problem with one of the classes. One of the boys in the class was wearing his hood during class. some of the other boys wanted him to take it off. I asked him if he would take it off then 3 of the boys ganged up on him and tried to take it off. One of the boys ended up accidentally pulling his hair and making him cry. I made the 3 boys say they were sorry and I asked him if he was okay. I just let him keep his hood on for the rest of class.

I hate teaching 2 lessons in one day. One lesson is not long enough but two lessons is too much. I never finish both lessons.

I actually finished the lessons in one class.

My last class was actually better today. I saw the korean teacher downstairs with 2 of the students and she was talking on the phone. I guess she was calling their parents. Thats good if it will make them behave! One of the boys told me that his mom hit him for being bad. I guess thats why he was behaving today. The class was actually good!! They actually followed my rules that I wrote on the board!

In that class I had 5 questions to ask and 3 students so 2 of them got 2 questions and one only got 1 question to answer. After I got finished with the 5 questions he looked disappointed and he said "I want a question too". ha. So I made up a question for him. At the end of class the 2 second graders sang me a song. They were singing about "I have a dream".

No comments: