Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 16--January 2nd--Friday

Day 16--January 2nd--Friday

Back to work!

Today we started classes at 12:30. I had to be at school at 10:30. I thought we'd be going somewhere to fill out forms for our alien reg card but I guess we don't have to go. We had to give John a pic of ourself. We gave him 10,000 won and our passport earlier in the week. We should have our cards soon! then internet and cell phone!

One of the Korean teachers has access to our bank accounts. He made a comment on how the guys took out money from their accounts and how I haven't. Why should they be looking in our accounts? creepy.

classes were okay today. 5 of my students were absent today. The lessons were way too short today! We are all having trouble making the lessons last 75 minutes. we need more material to cover! I need to create something that relates to the lesson. a worksheet or game. something. Other teachers say go slower. I'm already going slow and making them repeat things a ton of times. One of my students was moved out of my 1st class. I also had a new student in one of my classes.

The guys are having trouble with their heat. So a mechanic was suppose to come look at it. Well they wanted to look at mine too so I had to give them my code. I told them mine was working so why would they need to look at it? We were all scared that we'd come back and our stuff would be missing. later that night I changed my code. I couldn't remember all the steps. the vice principals wife helped me. You enter in your code to open your door. then press reset. press old code. then new code twice. close door. put in new code.

I have 77,000 won left of what my mom gave me before I have to go into my account. I'm going to look at my account tomorrow.

After work we went to eat at Pizza School. They didn't have enough pepperoni for 2 pizzas so we had to get one pepperoni and one cheese. The cheese pizza had corn on it. what? it was still okay.

While we were in Pizza School we were watching tv and we got to see some of the popular Korean pop bands. We saw Wondergirls-they have a hit called "nobody". its played everywhere! I actually like it. Then we also saw Big Bang. Our students talk about big bang. We also saw SS501. I liked them too. They look like girls. Its a boy band but they could pass as girls. I went home and looked up all 3 groups and posted their music videos on my facebook.

Afterwards I went out with the guys to WaBar(a bar). They drank 2 beers and I just listened to them talk.

No comments: