Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 24--Bears Town Ski Resort

Day 24 January 10, 2009 Saturday

Today me and one of the korean teachers, Michelle, went snowboarding. We went to Bears Town Ski Resort in Pocheon.

Bears Town Resort, which is a large-scale, total leisure town in suburban Seoul, is a city suburban style ski resort equipped with International Ski Federation approved slopes. Including the 88 Challenge Line approved by International Ski Federation, the resort has a total of 11 ski slopes and 9 lifts with a capacity to accept 15,200 skiers per hour.

Website: http://www.bearstown.com/eng/

Directions to Bears Town:

Take Bus No. 707 in front of Cheongnyangni train Station, and get off at Gwangneungnae. Change to bus No.7.5.1001 and get off at Bears Town Ski Resort.

Take bus No. 1001 at Gangbyeon station(subway line 2) and get off at Bears Town Ski Resort. (This one is probably the easiest way)

Take bus at Inchon, Su-won, An-san express bus terminal and get off at Naecheon.
Change to bus No.5,7,33,1001 and get off at Bears Town Ski Resort.

shuttle bus time and schedule: www.bearstown.com


We went to the snowboard rental place first and got shoes and a board then we headed out to the ski resort. There were tons of people there. First she taught us some basics like how to stop. Then we stayed on the free practice slope for about 1 hr and 30 minutes.Michelle would take us one by one and teach us how to snowboard while the other 2 people watched. Its harder than it looks! I didn't try it on my own. Michelle was always with me helping me stop. I was doing a pretty good job at times. At least I didn't fall but only because she was there with me! I would have tried it by myself without her help but there were so many people around. I would have ended up running into someone! I had fun and I'll definatly try it again someday!




Then we went to her parent's house. Her parents live in a real house which isn't very common in Korea (Most people live in Apartments). Her mom cooked dinner. I dont know what it was but it was okay. The dish had sticky rice (I like sticky rice!), something like ramen noodles, and some kind of dumplings with spicy stuff inside. We watched a Korean movie--it was funny even though I had no clue what they were saying!

We ate at a korean restaurant before heading to a party. I had Tukbaegi bulgogi which is Barbecued beef stew in earthen ware bowl. it was good. 6,000 won.
We went to the party at Dongdaenum stadium exit on the subway. We didn't stay there long. The baby was celebrating its first birthday. It was neat to see the family dressed in their hanbok (traditional garments).
While we were at the subway she took down a poster for me. It was an advertisement for something like body worlds. Its going to be here from 1/10 till 3/1. I'm going! I missed the one that came to Charlotte. There were 2 posters there so she took down one of them and gave it to me. haha.

Exchange rate: 1355 won=$1 USD. going up again.

Weather: very cold! 10:20pm. -7 celcius=19 F. Feels like -13 celcius=8F. oh how I long to be somewhere warm!

No comments: