Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 36 January 22

day 36 Jan 22, 2009 Thursday

The teacher that got fired moved out today. He's moving closer to Seoul. I saw him in the morning before he left.

Today I had to teach 2 lessons in each class too. I only finished all of the lessons in 1 class. The lessons in the last class are too short even with having to do 2 lessons! My last class is a good class. I only have 3 students.

In my 2nd class 3 of the girls wanted to take pictures of me on their cell phones before class so i let them. My second class likes to talk to each other. I have to tell them to be quiet a lot. One of the girls in my class gave me a gift (for new years)(Lunar new year is this weekend). She also gave one to her korean teacher. She told me her mom made it. It was homemade soap. one was blue and has a bell shape on it. the other one is green and says I love you. She told me she made the box. and she wrote me a note. The note said: Teachear! Hi! I'm Emma. This gift is my mother make soap. and this box is me make pretty! Happ New Year! The English isn't good but I know what she's trying to say. how sweet.


 








I had to do 3 speaking tests for middle school students today. They all did pretty good. They have some problems with their grammer but pretty good overall. I could understand what they meant. I had them pick 2 pictures and tell me 5 sentences about each picture. I had to write down what they said and give them a grade of 2 for good, 1 for okay or 0 for doesnt make sense. all of them had at least one sentence that didnt make sense. The highest score they could make was a 10. The lowest score was 5.5 and the highest was a 7.

No comments: