Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 12--Monday-December 29

Day 12--Monday--December 29th

I had to get up bright and early today. I had to be at school at 9 am. Me and James were the first ones there at 8:45am. The school was locked and no one was there. When they said 9am they meant 9am. Usually they get there early. The vice prin. came in a few mins later.

So I had no clue what I'd be teaching for my special conversation class at 9:50. I didn't do any prep. I just looked at the textbook. It seemed like it had enough material to last 70 mins. I just made the students read and repeat. It worked out well. We didn't even finish the workbook! Finally enough material! My list said I'd have 6 students. There were 8 students on the roll and nobody on the roll showed up. I had to add my 3 students to the roll. (I think it was a mix up between MW and Tues/Thurs class rolls)

Then I got a break from 11am till 12:30. Me, James and Andrew went to Bagel Street Cafe for lunch. I had a chicken breast sandwich on a bagel. Definatly a different experience. The ingredients were weird--chicken slices (like lunch meat), cream cheese, cucumbers, lettuce (not iceberg), and sprout (whatever that is). It had a unique taste. It was okay but not my favorite.

From 12:30-5:45 I was teaching elementary classes. I had one late student in my 1st class--2nd time he was late. 2 of my students were absent. All of my classes were good except the lesson was short today. In one class we went over the material twice.

After work me and Andrew went to Pizza School for supper. We go there a lot. I usually get pizza but I got spaghetti. it was good and a good price..4,000 won.

We don't have internet yet. They keep telling us that the vice principal is getting a wireless connection but nothing is happening. James told me that if you sit your computer up on the ledge you can connect to someone's unsecured wireless signal. So I tried it. I had a connection for 2 hours!

I bought a Korean dance mix cd today--2 disks for 7,800. good price for 42 songs.

I tried some cookies that resemble oreos. They don't even come close. I ate a few and threw the pack away. I cant find real oreos at home plus.

I have no clue what kind of milk im drinking. They have so many kinds. I just picked up one that said "Grade 1A". It tastes good so thats good. and I like the store brand of frosted flakes.

No comments: