Saturday, January 3, 2009

day 5--First day of classes

Day 5--Monday December 22nd

The bed is hard and it hurts when I wake up!!

I cried again today! I really want to go home! I dont know what Im doing here! Its scary! Future advice to myself: Think things through before making a life changing decision next time!

Today was the first day of classes. I had to be at school at 2pm. Classes started at 4:10.

One word could describe today: HECTIC!! and I was so confused since it was my first real day on the job! I was missing quizzes in one of my classes and one of the korean teachers brought it to me.

We only had 5 mins between classes!

Its hard to come up with enough material to make the reading section last 35 mins. It consisted of a lot of reading and repeating.

Some of the students did well on the tests..we had a quiz on the first day. Some students didnt do so well. All my students participated in class.

1st class I had 12 students.
2nd class had 6 students. I accidentally gave one of them the reading questions instead of the quiz because I only had 5 people on the roll and only 5 quizzes and there were 6 people in class!oops!

My 3rd class had 3 students. It will be easy for me to remember their names.

My 4th class had 2 students. Its easy to remember their names but I'll have to come up with a lot more material. We must have repeated everything 10 times! We were ahead of schedule.

I need to get the rolls so I can memorize names and make seating charts and find out their English names.

It was snowing here tonight. Its around 30 or so degrees and its sticking. It started sometime after 4pm and it was still snowing at 1am.

After class a few of the korean teachers and foreign teachers went out to eat at a korean restaurant. The koreans ordered. It was a family style meal and all I know is it was pork. we cooked it at our table. I liked it. it costed 8,200 per person. It was another one of those restaurants where you have to sit on the floor.

No comments: