Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 99.....didn't get anything accomplished...

March 26, 2009 Thursday

So today I had to give 2 tests and assign essays in all my classes. Other than that we didn't get anything accomplished. We did get a few pages done in my writing class. I let one of my classes play a game because we were already ahead of schedule anyway. We played 3,6,9 and simon says. My other class wanted to play a game but we didn't have time. The tests and essay assigning took up the whole class.

I got the response that I thought I'd get from some of my classes. What's an essay? I didn't have time to go into too much detail. In one class I was giving them sample paragraphs and one of the boys was copying what I wrote. I told him to write about himself, not copy what I wrote.

Some of my students did really good on the tests. Others didn't do so good. I had to explain the directions a lot of times. That's why I didnt want to give a writing test to classes that I don't teach writing. I don't know what to put on the test. My format was writing a sentence with a mistake. They had to find the mistake and rewrite the sentence. Another part of the test was putting words into a sentence. The words were in the wrong order. They had to put them in order to make a sentence.

At least I am finished making tests for speaking and writing. I have to actually make the test. This week I had to make 18 different tests and come up with 5 different essay topics. I just have to give 2 tests in 3 classes tomorrow.

I wish there were pre made tests like at my old school. I wouldn't have to worry about making my own tests every week.

I have to assign essays to my 2 lowest levels. I'm scared to see what kind of essays I will get from levels 2-6 since I don't teach them writing and I got the response "What's an essay?" I assigned very short essays for my lower level classes. My higher level classes write a little bit more. I'm going to have a lot of correcting to do next week!

Some of my students don't turn in their essays on time. I ask them for their essays and they said they left them at home. Same problems as before. I tell them its due on Tuesday and Tuesday comes around and they don't bring it.

In my last class some of my students were asking me about korean foods that I like. One of the boys in the class told me he likes Kimchi and Soju. (Soju is an alcoholic drink). I asked him "you drink soju?". He didn't answer but kept saying how much he liked it. haha. He's 13 years old. Who is letting him drink soju?

North Korea is in the news again. They have their communications satelite/rocket/missle (whatever the heck it is) in place and they will launch it somewhere between April 4-8.

No comments: