Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 83

Tues March 10

I never want to get up in the mornings! I set my alarm for 11am and I didn’t end up getting up till 12:40 I think. I just love to snooze. I have got to stop it. Or start going to bed earlier. I hate going to bed early!

Ok so I got a text today from another teacher saying that we weren’t getting paid today. Something about tax issues. I don’t know. I haven’t even checked to see if I have got paid yet. I’ll look at my account tomorrow.

I’m not going to immigration till next week. I don’t know why they can’t make up their mind.

I had to go to Nokbeon today to learn from Rocky. I was there for about an hour. He was telling me some tips about teaching. I think what he told me will help me stretch the lessons out. He goes through the lessons slow. I think that’s what I’m going to do. I have to see him from 2-3 every day this week.

This morning something funny happened on the elevator. I got on at the 3rd floor. The elevator moved a little. I didn’t pay attention to what direction. I see Rocky in front of the elevator. I thought I was on the 1st floor but wondered why Rocky was there. Then I get off and realize it stopped on the 4th floor(that’s what floor he lives on). Then I got back on. I told him I didn’t know it went up. Haha. We talked briefly and went on our way. I was headed to get something to eat and he was headed to school I guess.

Classes were good today. I had 5 classes. In one of my classes we had a story to act out. I gave them parts and they read them. Then one of the boys wanted to be someone else. It was funny. In the story 2 children were fighting over who has to set the table. Then the mom gets mad and says “who buys the groceries, cleans your shoes, and cooks your dinner? I DO!” Then the kids say they are sorry and they set the table. One of the guys wanted to be mom and he really played the part in an angry voice.

I tried some kind of noodles today. It’s kind of like Raman in a bowl. It tasted okay. I had to eat it with chopsticks which wasn’t too hard since you just grab some noodles with the chopstick and stuff in it your mouth. I can not use chopsticks!

After school Andrew called me to see if I wanted to hangout with some of the other teachers. They were going out to eat. They started out at one place but they said that the food sucked so we went somewhere else. We walked to a bar and ate there. I don’t know what exactly we were eating but it was good. We sat there and talked about all sorts of stuff.

Then me and rocky walked home together and talked about various things along the way.He wanted to know what college I went to. I told him I went to Winthrop. He had a friend who went to Winthrop. His friend was from New Zealand like him and had a soccer scholarship to Winthrop. He said he used to tell people his favorite soccer team was Winthrop. Small world, indeed. I met a guy in South Korea who is from New Zealand who knows someone from New Zealand who went to Winthrop.

No comments: