Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 95

Sunday March 21 2009

Its finally Spring!! Im ready to put away the jacket! And I need to go clothes shopping once I get paid! I'm tired of wearing the same outfits all the time. I've got plenty of pants but I need more shirts.Once I get paid I'll also be getting a mattress topper, a firmer pillow, and a chair. I need comfort. I am so tired of having backaches everyday!

I have a little cold. This always happens around the season change. When the weather goes from hot in the day to cold in the night it bothers me and makes me a little sick. I just have a runny nose. And everyone keeps saying "are you taking medicine?". I say "no". I dont really like medicine plus I only have 4 more pills left of my dayquil. I could go to the pharmacy over here, but I like my american medicine.ha. They don't have OTC cold medicine in E-mart like we would have in Wal-mart. No cold medicine aisle. You have to go to a pharmacy and get it. I got 10 pills for coughing for 1500 won which is just over a dollar so that was pretty cheap. Here's a comparison:I read on the internet that over here you don't need a prescription for birth control and it only costs about 10,000 won a month (less than 10 bucks).

I need to take my 2 pairs of jeans to a tailor on Monday. I hate having to make a 20 minute walk to go there though but I want my pants fixed.

So what Am I suppose to do in this situation: I am suppose to go to lunch with the director at the school today. Mk was suppose to call me and tell me when and where, but he didn't. I did have a missed call on my phone yesterday, but its not my responsibility to call and see. If he couldn't reach me he could have left a text message or an email. I'm not the person who set up the meeting. So I think if he calls today and tells me "you have to meet at this time" then I will say "NO". He can't make me. You can't just tell someone the day of. I need advance notice. I think its time to quit being the little nice girl. I got to let him know that letting me know the day of is wrong. If he wants to get mad then I don't care. You have to make plans in advance. Its common courtesy.

On the other hand, its perfectly fine if one of my friends says "hey want to go somewhere tonight?" I make time for my friends. Im up for spontaneous things. Lunch with the director is not a spontaneous thing.

Update: 2:39pm--What a glorious day! I went to sleep around 5:30am and slept straight through to 2:23pm. No interruptions! And I keep dreaming about people/places in the usa. I do remember being in a bathroom in my church and all of a sudden this woman just runs in front of me, stands up to pee and leaves the door open and Im just standing behind her. Then I find out that you need 1200 won to flush the toilet. She didnt flush and neither did I. funny stuff.

Guess the director changed his mind-fine with me. Its almost 4pm and I still haven't gotten dressed. another lazy day. Mk never called to tell me when/where to meet the director for lunch.

No comments: