Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 98...im tired of making so many tests!!

March 25,2009 Wednesday

Its really cold. This is not Spring weather! Today the high was 48 and the low was 28. That's winter weather!! The highest temp all week might be 55 degrees. When is it going to hit at least the 60 degree mark??

I only have 2 classes today.

I have been working non-stop for 3 hours making speaking tests and writing tests for all of my 9 classes. I've been using the Korean teacher's computer while she is in class. I've also had to come up with essay topics for my 5 levels that I don't teach writing to. I'm basicially going to give the other classes a topic that I used in another class. Something thats appropriate for their level. Am I suppose to take up class time to explain how to write an essay? I'm printing out so much stuff! I don't know why we have to assign so much. We are using a ton of paper!

I've been seeing signs up for Seoul Fashion week. They just posted signs in the subway so I'll write down the information. It starts tomorrow. I might try to see if I can go to one or two runway shows on Sunday. I've never been to one before so it should be neat. Tickets are only 7,000 won to each runway show. I might go to 2 shows. The ticket site isn't in English so I'll have to get someone to help me to make sure I dont buy the wrong ticket!

Classes were good today. In my highest level class I gave him a test for speaking class and a test for writing. He made a perfect score on both. He didn't turn in his essay today.

In my 2nd class 2 of my students were absent. One of the remaining three didn't turn in his essay. He wants to add a photo to the essay. Getting all creative on me. I told them they could draw a picture of their family if they wanted to, but he wants to put an actual picture. That should be cool. I noticed him sucking his thumb during class. He's the class clown of the class. Today he was putting his shirt over his head so you couldn't see his face. He was also rubbing a candy wrapper on his shirt and then it was sticking to his hand and it stuck to the wall. He also stuck it to a girls shirt.

Tomorrow is another busy day. I have to teach 3 speaking classes and 2 writing classes. I have to give 2 tests in all my classes-one for speaking and one for writing. I have to assign an essay for 3 of my classes and explain the topic to the kids since I don't teach them writing. Take up a final draft in 1 class. And assign a final draft in the other class.

No comments: