Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 78

March 5th Thursday

I finally got my transformer back. At first, MK was saying he would bring it at 10:50pm. Then, he called about 10:40 and asked if he could bring it tomorrow. I told him I had to have it today (cause I did!). So he brought it by and he brought sheet for the bed.

MK wants to go out to lunch on Sunday.

Tomorrow I have to meet MK to make a bank account at IBK bank at 2pm. He is supposed to give me the English address to where I live tomorrow also.

I met another American in my officetel building tonight. I saw a white guy going into my building. He talked to me on the elevator. His name is Greg and he is from Maryland and teaches at a middle school. We didn’t talk long because I only had to go to the 3rd floor to get to my apartment. So I know 2 people in my building. A guy from Maryland and a guy from New Zealand. We are all English teachers.

Classes were good today. I taught speaking in 3 of my classes and writing in 2 classes. I’m going to have to prepare extra materials for classes this weekend. The lessons are really short!! Maybe I could find an article related to what we are studying or just bring something in that is “bonus” material.

I gave tests in my classes today. I think I made the tests too hard. I didn’t think they were hard. My last class did good and understood the directions. Some of my other classes had a hard time. One of my classes was completely confused. I wrote sentences straight from the book and left out a word and they had to fill in the blank. On the 2nd part they had to unscramble the words to make a sentence. Maybe I’ll try out different formats like true/false or give them a word bank to choose from.

Today I wrote out all my tests and then copied them. I’m not connected to the printer so I can’t print them. Someone tried to connect my computer to the network printer but I guess it wouldn’t work. Probably because I have Vista and they have another version. One of the Korean teachers said I could use her computer to print stuff. I need my own computer! One of the teachers asked about a computer for me and they said "2 people 1 computer". So basically--"you ain't getting one!"

All my classes are good so far. My biggest class so far has 9 students. My smallest class has one. All my students are well behaved.

No comments: