Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 82

Monday March 9

I just did not want to get out of bed this morning! I set my alarm for 11am then I just kept pressing snooze over and over till at least 12:20 I think. I like to sleep.

I had to go to nokbeon to sign papers for my salary. I’ll get a little less than 400,000 for the 8 days that I’ve been with the school. I can live on that. I currently have almost 400,000 in my account and that will be plenty to last till next paycheck. They actually took out tax-3.3% but they didn’t take out medical or pension. I’ll have to ask about that. I also need to ask when I will get a medical card. I want to know that I have medical just in case I happen to need it.

I told mk to not forget to ask about cable/internet. I don’t know why he hasn’t asked yet. I’ve been here a week! He said he will ask this week. I asked him why I had to have the director’s approval. The school will have to put the account in their name because they don’t let foreigners have internet/cable accounts. I’m just tired of waiting!!! I’m bored and I don’t want pay to go to a PC café!!

I only had 3 classes today. I thought I was switching Mondays classes with Wednesday but I found out I’m teaching an extra class on Wednesday because we missed one last week because I didn’t start teaching on the first day.

All my classes went good. I taught 2 speaking classes and one writing class. In my 2nd class my students asked me a ton of questions. Do you like this? Do you like that? This was good since I didn’t need to cover too much material so I’ll have something to teach later!

Tomorrow through Friday I have to go to Nokbeon from 2-3 and be taught how to teach English. The guy that will be teaching me taught Koreans in Australia how to teach English to students. I wonder what I’ll be learning. I actually saw the guy at Mcdonalds for supper. I sat down with him and met one of his students that he taught in Australia.

I still don’t know when I’m supposed to go to Immigration to cancel my visa. First it was Tuesday then it was changed. Now I hear it may be Wednesday or Friday. Well they better let me know soon!!

I tried to change my address for Woori bank and it wouldn’t let me. I guess I’ll just go to the bank one day this week and get them to change it for me since I can’t do it online. I got one of the Korean teachers to type it in for me. She typed it in twice and each time there was an error.

I got a korean teacher to call LG telecom to change my address.

No comments: