Sunday, March 15, 2009

day 74--its definatly NOT a date!

Day 74 march 1 Sunday

I hate that I'm in a motel. I can't do laundry. If I would have known i was going to be in a hotel I would have done laundry at my old place.

I had a great night's sleep from 3am till 12pm. The bed was hard as a rock and it hurts if you sleep on one side for too long, but I still had a decent sleep. Why are all korean beds hard?? I still have my clock watching habit. I've got to stop that. I like to wake up to see what time it is. I have a distrust of alarms! I actually liked the pillows. 2 small but firm pillows. I like firm pillows. I dont like squishy pillows where you head sinks down into the pillow. I like support. The bed was warm. I had no clue how to work the heat in the room so I just turned on the heated pad on the bed. It was under the sheet and it felt good.

I was having weird dreams. I guess I was visiting the usa and I was looking for a specific person. In another episode I needed a shower before going to my job as a teacher in the usa. I was suppose to be there at 8am, but I couldnt get a shower. I don't know where I was. I went to a shower but it was broken. Then I just showered out in the open. (I see a common theme in a lot of my dreams--not having privacy--probably stems from my need for privacy and a fear of being exposed) Anyway I went to the school with my head wet and just threw on sloppy clothes. I got there at 8:30.No one at the office knew who I was. I told them I was a teacher and I was late. Then I realized "hey im not a teacher here". but they still wanted me to help with the class. weird.

The person in charge of foreigners (we'll call him mk from now on) wanted to go to the movies. I thought he was just trying to be nice to the new teacher at the school so I agreed. He gets on my nerves! Some of the other teachers have told me they don't like him. He keeps telling me that he "likes" me. I don't like that. I'm not into him.I don't show any interest at all. I hate it when guys won't give up.

We met at 2pm at Jogno 3 station exit 14. I wasn't trying to impress him. I wore a sweatshirt and sweatpants because I couldn't do laundry. We ate at burger king. A 4 story burger king. (I chose burger king) He paid. One time he called it a "date". Oh my goodness. It was not a date!! We were going to watch a movie but we checked 2 theaters and nothing good was playing.

He decided to go to a DVD room. I was looking through the selection and he picked out 2 choices-27 dresses or what happens in vegas. I chose what happens in vegas because I hadnt seen it yet. So you go in this small room about the size of an apartment bathroom. There is a screen that is similar to a big screen tv. The movie is played on the screen using a projector so its like your own private screening of movies that have already came to dvd. its usually something that couples do together. Then we walked around. There were tons of vendors on the sides of the streets and it was crowded. THere was a tour group that was on the streets too. We stopped by a temple. Jogyesa temple-a buddhist temple. I took some pictures. There's something in buddhism about bowing three times. Anyway he kept doing that. We stood at the window of the temple and watched the people inside. We didn't go in. There were people in there "praying" and bowing to Buddha. There were golden statues of Buddha.

Finally at 5:30 I was ready to go home so when we were near the subway I told him I was going home. I didn't want to spend that much time with him. He creeps me out when he keeps saying "i like you". I don't like him that way.

I didn't go straight home. I was just trying to get away from him. I went to Itaewon. I found a store that has plus size clothing. It was called OKBT. I went in and looked around. The woman at the store guessed my size. She was about right! She guessed one size smaller than I really am. I told her I was looking for a blazer. She reached in and pulled one out and the first one I tried on fit me. It was only 35,000 won (less than 30 dollars) so I bought it. Its not flattering but it will do. If they ever ask me to wear a suit at least I have a blazer. Im not wearing a whole suit.

I went to the foreign food market. They sell all sorts of foreign food. Their selection isn't that great. I didn't find anything I wanted.

Then I think I went up what is known as "Homo Hill". Itaewon is the center of the gay community in Seoul. There were some gay bars on that street.

Then I went by hooker hill. didnt see any hookers out but if you look in the doors of some clubs you can see scantily clad girls sitting near the door. you know what goes on there. I took pictures of the outsides of bars that I've been to. Almost all of the bars I've went to are located in Itaewon(I don't drink) and 75% of the bars i've been to are on hooker hill.

No comments: