Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 75...staying in the hotel an extra night

Day 75 March 2nd 2009 Monday

things just keep getting better and better everyday..NOT!

So at 2pm mk and Andrew were at my door at the motel. They were coming to help me take all my stuff down to the school so I could move into my officetel today. They put all of my stuff in a classroom.

Then I went to Andrew's school. I met the other foreign teachers there. There's another Andrew from Georgia and Rocky from New Zealand.

I got a teacher's guide which isn't that great. Then I sat around for a long time. Went to another building and sat down then found out the person we were going to see was in a meeting so we went back to andrew's school.

Found out that I'll be working at the Gusan branch by myself. I'll be the only foreign teacher at my branch.

Today I had to watch Rocky's classes all day long. When I went into the first class the students said "girlfriend?" Then he introduced me to the class as a new teacher. The 2nd class asked if I was his "younger sister". haha. The other 2 classes didn't ask any strange questions.

I found out that my officel wasn't ready yet. The person hadn't moved out yet. I have to stay in that crappy motel for another night. yuck! Mk and this other guy took my luggage and sent me to the teacher's room. I thought they were taking it to the hotel for me.

Then we went out to eat togethers (yes thats how he says it). Another guy from the school came with us. Mk said the other guy was an engineer and does accounting. (he was super cute!) I don't think he speaks any English. I didn't hear any English coming from his mouth. One time he asked Mk something and then Mk translated. We ate at a korean restaurant. I had something like a pork cutlet. He called it "fatback". It wasn't fat back!

Then we went to dunkin donuts. Then we went back to the hotel to get the key to the room. I'd be staying in the same room that I had been in for 2 nights.

Me and Mk went to the school branch where I'll be teaching. He showed me how to get there by bus. I'd rather take the subway. Its only a few stops. I met my coworkers and got my schedule and books. I'll be teaching students on all levels. I saw where I'll be sitting in the teacher's room. I won't have my own computer. The korean teachers have their own but I won't so I'll be bringing my laptop.

I exchanged phone numbers with some of the coworkers. I met the other 2 korean english teachers--soon young and sue.

I start teaching tomorrow. I'll have 5 classes.

I took my books home so I could look at them.

Then I went to the PC room for 2 hours to check email and do other things.

When I got back to the hotel at 1:45am my luggage wasn't there. I freaked out! I didn't care that it was 1:45 am I texted Mk. I wanted to know where my luggage was. How was I suppose to be ready for my 1st day of school with no luggage? He said it was at the school. See when they sent me to the teachers room and they were moving my luggage I thought they were taking it to the hotel. They just moved it to another room at the school. He said he would call me in the morning.

This school is really causing me to stress out!

No comments: