Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 93

Friday March 20

1st class good. We talked about animals.

2nd class wasn't so good. 2 of my students came in late. They had went to the store to get a snack. Then all the students just got up and went to get water. It was time for class to start. Then it took a while for class to start. The boys kept talking to one another so I made one of them move. One of the students took my tape out of the tape player. I made him give it back. Another student took my chalk. Then one student went to go get a piece of chalk and then they finally gave the chalk back while he was gone. We only got through 2 pages. They are always wanting me to say things in Korean. They think this is "teach the teacher korean class". One of the students was getting mad because I wouldn't say something in korean. I said "this is english class."

3rd class was good. We went over writing exercises. I went through the proper format of a letter and gave them writing tips. Then I gave them their assignment. Their assignment was to write a letter about their family. They had an example in their book.

Class was over at 7:55 and I had to sit around till 9:30. I made 3 of my writing tests while I was waiting. I just used exercises out of the book.

I have no plans for Saturday. I can finally sleep in! I'm going to turn down the ringer on my phone so I cant be disturbed because I know someone will try to text me or call me early in the morn.

I got a call from mk. The director wants to have lunch with me on Sunday. He will call me to tell me when and where.

My computer is getting low on memory. I have a 45GB harddrive and I don't know what is taking up all the space. I try to delete things all the time. Problem is that I delete things then I add more things. I need everything thats on my computer right now. Then there are things that I don't know what they are but im scared if I delete them something won't work right. I should have about $900 in my american bank account soon from my tax refund. I'm debating on whether I want a new laptop. My current one is 2 years old. I could still keep my old one. I want to get a smaller laptop. I've been looking at the dell mini laptops. The one I like has a 9 inch screen and only weighs just over 2 pounds. It would be a lot easier to carry around since I carry it to school everyday. The mini starts at about $400 bucks. I don't even want to know what shipping would cost from the US to South Korea. But I do need to save my money. I want to save up for a new car. I thought that by coming here that I'd be able to live cheaply and save a lot of money. But the stupid tanking won isn't helping! I might be stuck with my 1997 car for longer than I expected. NO!! So the question is get a laptop or save the money?

I have 2 packages coming soon! I can't believe it costs so much. My mom said the 2 pound package was $29 and the 7 pound package was $57. I know she's sending me some things I like from America like GRITS!!! I think she's sending Easter candy also. I think she is sending body wash and shampoo also.

49 more weeks. 47 weeks of actual teaching.

No comments: