Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 435

Thursday Feb 25

What is your favorite English blog on Korea? (There are over 300 English blogs on Korea. 3 or more votes in the "Other" section gets a blog added to the list.)

http://10magazine.asia/2903/april-readers-10

Vote for me(in the other section)...there's no prize...i guess just bragging rights...My blog isn't as popular as the ones that were nominated but it would be cool to see my name on the list...
____________________________________________________

I went to the pension office today to apply for a refund. There was no one in line so I was first. Didn't take very long. The man at the counter spoke very little English. He laid down this sheet in front of me which was like a script of what I was suppose to do. Anyway, by the end of March I should have abour 1300 usd show up in my American bank account. sweet.

Today in my first class we did our last speaking lesson in the book. The title was "My worries".4 of the students have no worries.One worries about studying.

My 2nd class was decent except for the chatty boys being loud all during class. At least everyone participated.One boy said “I don’t know” for every answer.Our topics today were "my dreams" and ‘do you like to______’. Their dreams were: Fashion stylist, doctor, mouse, bike, and a singer. The 2 talkative boys chose the crazy answers of mouse and bike.

We had our newspaper class in my 3rd class today. We had a good class. I gave them my email so they could write me if they wanted to. The girls all wrote it down.

In my last class we also did the speaking lesson on "my dreams". 2 of the students don't have a dream. 2 students didn't know how to say it in English. I also gave them my email so if they wanted to write me. The girls wrote it down, but the boys didn't care.

Tomorrow they are having a farewell party for me. We are going out to eat chicken.

I have to take some money to school to pay for my bills. Once I pay the money that will cover my bills I get my salary. Why not just take it out of my check?

I'm going to load up a box and send it by surface mail so my suitcases won't be so heavy. I've heard sending things by surface mail is pretty cheap. The only downside is it takes a long time-a month or more. That's fine with me. There isn't anything in the box that I need right away.

1 more school day...tomorrow I will have a spelling class, 2 newspaper classes and a speaking lesson and then I am done!

I still have so much to do! Saturday I'm going to spend the whole day cleaning!

My time is coming to a close. I think I'm experiencing a lot of emotions although I don't express those emotions to anyone in person. I'm a very private person and I hold myself together pretty well. I can be hurting a lot inside, but on the outside I appear to be happy. I'm happy, anxious, sad, angry, regretful, and whatever else you can think of..I'm not ready to leave it all behind. My opinions have changed drastically since I arrived. I think I started counting down the day I got here! I hated it for the first few months. I kept thinking "what the hell am I doing here?" Now as it comes to the end I have started to appreciate this experience and I don't want to leave. I have to leave behind a few friends who were geniunely interested in being my friend. There were others who I really wish I had a chance to spend more time with. I wish I would have asked out that guy that I really liked even though there's a 99% chance it wouldn't have worked out. regrets are tough.

I really hope I can come back for round 2.

No comments: