Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 412

Tuesday Feb 2

This afternoon I noticed that one of my books was missing. I was looking everywhere. I didn't know where it could be. I know I didn't take it any further than the classroom or the teacher's lounge. Close to class time I told the Korean teacher that I was missing a book. Then she went and got it. A parent wanted to look at it. But no one was going to even let me know that they took my book so I'm frantically searching for it.

I thought my buddy was back. Maybe he was filling in for one day. Yesterday one of the assistants was absent and my buddy was there. Today the other assistant was back.

I had a new student in my first class. 2 of my students came in late. One came in during the first lesson and the other came in after the first lesson. Today's topics were "my interests" and "do you want to grow up soon?". One of the students answers made me want to laugh but I didnt laugh. We were talking about our hobbies. Most of the hobbies were listening to music, reading books and playing computer games. One girl's answer was "My hobbies are playing with myself." We had a good lesson and then they had free time.

My 2nd class was a little better than normal. The 2 chatty boys finally sat apart from each other. 3 of the boys still tried to be loud in class. One of the chatty boys actually was telling people to be quiet. Today's lesson was about a boy who thought his parents loved his little sister more than him. Near the end of class everyone actually was quiet and participating. It was the best they had ever been.

Newspaper class was actually good today. Everyone was behaving, listening, reading, and answering the questions. I was surprised. I gave everyone a sticker for a reward. I dont normally give out the stickers in that class because they wont be quiet.

Today's topics were: a rare bird in Afghanistan, Universal Studios opening in Korean in 2014, a pet deer, and an amazing little drummer. I want to go back to Korea in 2014 to see the new Universal Studios. The article said it will be the largest theme park in the world and it will be bigger than all of the universal studios combined. I've been to Universal Studios in California and Florida and I really enjoyed it.

My last class was good. We went over 2 lessons: Speeding and In an emergency. We finished early and they had free time.

17 more class days....

No comments: