Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 421

Thursday Feb 11

yeah this one is late...sometimes blogging seems like such a chore..

Got up bright and early for my dentist appt. at 10am. It was snowing outside. It was just a wet mess. The sidewalks were slippery. (There was no accumulation.just a slippery mess). She was going to start on the easy cavity today. When she checked it out she said I’d have to have a root canal on that one too. She started it today. I still have 3 or 4 more visits.

When I came to school the Korean teacher asked me if I had lunch yet. I hadn’t. They wanted me to join them at a Chinese restaurant. We had some pork. It was good. We also had jjajangmyeon. It was also good.

My first class was not good. They were way too quiet. I’d ask a question and then wait a long time for the answer. No one wanted to answer. Finally one student said the answer. She’s the only one who was participating. The rest were just copying what I wrote on the board. They all read when I asked them to but they were quiet the rest of the time.

Second was just a normal day in that class. We went over a writing lesson using go, went, was, were and writing a story. boys were loud all during class. I let one boy go to the bathroom and then everyone jumped up and left the room. I have to beg the boys to do their work. I walk around the class to make sure they are doing it. If I don't check on them, they won't do it. I also did a short review for their test next week. Today we finished our writing book.

My 3rd class was with the first group that too quiet during writing class. They finally woke up! The articles go fast in that class and we always have free time. We rarely have free time in the other classes. One of our topics was about robots teaching English. I had mixed responses. 2 students said they didn’t want to learn with robots because they cant answer all their questions. A few people said yes because its amazing, accurate, and interesting. They were shocked at the insect candy. I showed the picture of a girl eating insect candy and one boy said “what the hell?” and a girl said “she’s crazy”.

In my last class we had a writing lesson about strong endings and descriptions. Then we had some free time.

I watched last nights episode of "American Idol." It was group day in Hollywood week.
Big mike has got some big man boobs (he is a personal trainer). There was so much drama on group day! Some groups were having a lot of trouble working together. They still haven't shown any clips of the Korean guy singing. He made it past group round, but they like to spotlight certian people and keep showing those people over and over. Some people get no exposure. A lot of groups did horrible on "Sweet Escape". They shouldn't have tried that song!

My school gave us a gift for Lunar New Year. Oh my. Another big box of pears. What the heck am I going to do with a big box of pears? I don't even like pears!

No comments: