Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 432...change in plans!

Monday February 22

MWF students-click on album to view
Students Fall Semester


We had a good first class. We took our test first. We only covered one page of material and then we played a game.They liked their gift I gave them.A pack of pencils and an eraser..Then I asked to take pictures and the fun began.Once I took one picture they wanted to take lots of pictures.Each person got a chance to be the photographer.They did a good job.

My 2nd class was great.They wouldn’t let me come in the room for a little bit. I'm just standing outside the door waiting to come in.They were writing messages on the chalkboard…Things like ‘we love you’ ‘thank you for teaching us English’ ‘be well’ ‘you are a very good and kind teacher’’you only think good stuffes’(that was my fav) (hehe) ‘don’t forget us’.They are so sweet…one of my favorite classes…the biggest and best behaved class.I told them I would buy them a snack at home plus so we all went down there(Home Plus Express is on the 1st floor of our building. We are on the 2nd).They were so surprised and happy.Then we came back and had a party.I gave them candy and an eraser.I also let them listen to Korean music.Then I took some pictures and the kids took a lot of pictures.The majority of my photos were taken by the kids.A student gave me a sharp as a present. I gave 2 girls my American cell number and one girl wanted my email also. She wants to be my penpal..great! I'll have to tell them how to call internationally.

3rd class was good.I took them to home plus and they got a snack.Then I gave them candy.One of the kids was excited bc there was a cola flavored candy in the the assorted bag.We listened to some music and the boy asked to play a game.There is an internet connection in the room so I let him play an online game and me and the girl played hangman.

My last class was good. I told them we'd have a 쫄볶이 party. There's a restaurant near our school that sells 쫄볶이 for 500 won so I got one for all 7 students. Me and 2 of the students went out to get it while the others stayed in the classroom. I have discovered the secret to getting them to behave:쫄볶이. They were so pleasant in class. Everyone was pretty quiet. We listened to some Korean music and they talked amongst themseleves. One of the boys was doing a 'one shot' with a coke. He kept trying to see how much he could drink at one time. I think he drank a whole 1.5 liter of coke in class.

I found out some shocking news today. The Korean teacher told me that they couldn't find a flight for me with this being a holiday weekend. She asked if I could stay until the 3rd or 4th. I told her I had to be home by the 4th. She said the new teacher can't show up to work until March 2(Tues) (March 1 is a holiday-Independance day).I have to pass on all of my knowledge to the teacher on Tuesday. I think they are having an experienced teacher come. She said that 'he' had to stay at his school until the 26th. Then I'll be leaving on Wednesday. I am going to be so tired! I'm going to spend basically a whole day travelling home (18+ hours on an airplane). Then, I have to get up early on March 4 and catch another flight to NYC for vacation.

I wanted to be home earlier, but if there's no flight then there's nothing I can do. I think there's usually only one flight per day to the USA. At least I have more time to clean and pack. I get another 3 day weekend to spend in Seoul (What should I do?). Leaving on a weekday might be more of an advantage also because I'll get paid and then I can go to the bank and withdraw it all.I can exchange it all at the airport. I won't have to worry about paying a transfer fee to wire it home through IBK.

After school I went to see my friends at the gym. I hadn't seen them in 3 months since my membership was up. It was so good to see them again. We talked for a while and I got a picture with my him. I got his email so I can keep in touch. I wanted to see my personal trainer, but he quit last month. I didn't get to formally say goodbye to him. The last time I saw him was in December at Lotte Dept Store.

My handsome friend

No comments: