Wednesday, February 17, 2010

day 427

Wednesday Feb 17

I went out at 2am and got something to eat at Kimbap Heaven. Its nice having a cheap 24 hr restaurant near my house. I had Jeol Pan Bulgogi. Its great!

I watched "The Bachelor" last night. Alli called him back and decided she made a mistake. He chose not to take her back. He's down to the final 2. Will it be Vienna or Tenley? I pick Tenley. Who will he pick? I don't know. I'm ready to see the women tell all. Its sure to be full of drama. I just hate we have to wait an extra week to see the finale. Why not do the finale and then the women tell all and bring back the woman he chose? That would make more sense.

I watched last night's episode of American Idol. They still haven't shown the Korean guy sing yet-he made it to the top 46. So far they have shown 7 of the top 24.

I wore my hair down today instead of in a ponytail. All the students seemed to like it.

Spelling class was good today. They seemed excited to not be doing the newspaper class. I chose to do spelling so we can attempt to finish the book. We only have 5 classes left. There are 30 lessons and we are on lesson 22. Giving the students tests takes way too much time in this class. I told the new student to study his words and we would have a test today. I let him write his words 3 times each hoping it would help him before the test. It took him a while to write the words. Then He only attempted 4 of the words. One of the other students wanted to grade his paper so I let her. He made a 30. I just don't know what to do for the students who just can't get the spelling right. We go over the words numerous times and it just doesn't stick with them. We only had time to cover 2 pages in class today. Then I played a short game with them.

We had a speaking and writing test in my second class. They love to pick the order that they go in. Everyone was yelling "me first, no I want to go first". Then someone suggested drawing names again. So thats what we did. Everyone got to draw someone's name to determine the order. They also had their writing test. They asked a ton of questions. I used problems right out of the book. One student did really good. He got a 92. The lowest grade was a 40. We only had time to do 4 of the speaking tests. We will have to finish the rest on Friday.

We also took 2 tests in my 2nd class. We did writing first and then speaking. They both did good on speaking. the girl did really good on writing and the boy got a 68.

My 3rd class was better today. They all wanted to do the newspaper class, but I chose to do speaking because we need to finish the book. I told them if they were good today and friday that we would have a party. I plan to have a party with all of my classes since I am leaving next week. I told them that I would be gone after next week. One student said "bad teacher." Another student asked "Will our new teacher be fat?" WHAT?! I said I havent met the new teacher. Today we talked about numbers and family members. Everyone did a good job. Friday we will finish the chapter and have a test.

7 school days left....I'm finished with the real teaching part...this week I'm giving tests in every class. We are also having the newspaper class. Next week the first 2 days will be parties and for the last 3 I will be teaching sample lessons so the new teacher can watch.

Hopefully I only have 9 more days left in South Korea. I'm waiting on my old recruiter to book my flight home. He said he would see if there were any flights on the 27th. I really hope there are!!

No comments: