Monday, February 22, 2010

Restaurants: Tomatillo and Kraze Burger

Sunday Feb 21

click on the photos for a better view:



First stop was Tomatillo. I had never heard of this restaurant until my friend, Hyunwoo, did a video about the one in Jonggak. I decided I wanted to see what it was like.

I went in and looked at the menu. I knew I wanted to try the chili cheese nachos. I was thinking about ordering something else, but I thought it would be too much food since I was eating alone.

I ordered chili cheese nachos which were 7,000 won. I also got a refillable soda for 2,500 won. They give you a pager that will buzz when your order is ready. It didn't take long for my order to come up.

I liked the chili cheese nachos. There were hot peppers on the top so I pushed them to the side since I don't eat spicy food. I don't know if its authentic Mexican food or not. I've only eaten at a real Mexican restaurant once and I only had a taco salad. I do frequent Taco Bell in the US but I know thats not even close to real Mexican food!

There are various locations for Tomatillo. I went to the one right near Yeoksam station. Take exit 2 and Go inside the Gangnam Finance Center. It's on B2 right as you are coming down the escaltor.

Prices: the prices are good. The most expensive thing on the menu is 7,000 won.



Tonight I went to Kraze Burger at Yeoksam station (Line 2). Its right in front of exit 3.

I had never tried Kraze Burger so I decided to go there. The burgers are a bit expensive (compared to a fast food restaurant)(this is a sit down restaurant). The restaurant says its 'American Gourmet Dining.'

I tried the 'Matiz'. It was a hamburger with lettuce, tomato, bacon, homemade pickles, onion, and bbq sauce. It costed 8,200 won. I think it was worth it. I enjoyed the burger. A can of coke was 2,500 won. In total I spent 11,700 won for a burger and coke.

Yeoksam Station
Line 2
Exit 3

Expect to pay at least $7,000 won for a burger (@$7.00 usd)

No comments: