Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 423

February 13 Saturday

Today is the beginning of Seollnal (Korean New Year)...Look under 'south korean holidays' on my labels and I have a post about Lunar New Year.

Today I met up with the girl I met at McDonalds. One of her friends also came along. 2 more people joined us later in the day.

We started out in Insadong. We read about this cafe that was decorated like a train. The girl who was with me can actually carry on a conversation in Korean so she asked a man at a store for directions. The cafe no longer existed. bummer. It looked like a really neat place. So we walked around Insadong for a little while. There were lots of people there. We ended up going to a cafe called "Wednesday". They drank tea and we had some snacks. I'm not a tea person so I didn't get anything.

Then we decided to go to Dongdaemun market. We walked around there for a little while. The girl who joined us was looking for sunglasses at the market. She didn't find any at Dongdaemun. Dongdaemun was also crowded.

Then we caught a cab to Myeongdong. It was also crowded. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a snack and met up with 2 other people. Then we went to eat dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Me and the girl from my neighborhood split a dish of chicken cutlet. It was good. We stayed in the restaurant for a long time talking. Then we went into a shopping center and stayed there for a little while.

Then we all headed home. So today we went to 3 shopping districts in Seoul. Outdoor markets. I didn't buy anything. I only bought food and snacks.

I still need to get souveniers for my family and myself. I may try to do that on Monday.

No comments: