Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 413

Wednesday Feb 3

Last night I forgot to prepare for my newspaper class. I thought about it right before I went to bed. I could have stayed up later to finish but it was already 5am. yes I was still up at 5am.

Today I was rushing to finish it before I had class at 2:55pm. I bought some noodles at the store. Then I realized I didn't have a fork. I wasn't going to use chopsticks to try to eat noodles. I went to Home Plus to buy a pack of forks while my noodles were getting ready. You have to let them sit for 4 minutes before adding the sauce. So then during my free time before class I ate and made classwork. Then I knocked over my coke. The lid was off so It went everywhere. I left to teach my class and left the coke on the floor and cleaned it up after class.

Today was newspaper class in my 1st class. Today's topics were: Korean singer opens a bibimbab restaurant, housework robot, San Francisco, and facts about your eyes. I think they enjoyed the articles. They were actually reading along some without me helping them and finding answers on their own. great. We had a good class. We finished a little early and we played hangman with their spelling words. They did a good job.

2nd class was good. We had a writing lesson about singular possessive nouns and dialogue. At the end of class one of my students said "I envy you." I think I asked why. She said she envies me because I have yellow hair. ha. I've always wanted dark hair. I'd love to have black or dark brown hair. My natural color is a light brown or maybe its dark blond. At least everyone calls me a blond.

In my 3rd class we had a writing lesson about verbs and poems.

My 4th class was another newspaper class. Same topics as the first class. Half of them weren’t paying attention. Some of them weren’t even on the right page. They talk and don’t listen. They are talking about other things while Im up in the front trying to get students to read and repeat. Only one boy does what he should so I gave him 2 stickers. The other kids got none. 2 students asked me if they were good in class. I told them they have to read all the time. They read sometime but weren’t paying attention all of the time and they got out of their seats to pass notes to each other. I had to beg some people to write the answers and you have to stand beside them to make sure they write it down. They don’t even care. I make powerpoint presentations for pictures and the boys are always trying to press escape on my keyboard so I walk right past them and they don’t get to see the picture.

16 school days left...

No comments: