Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 418

Monday Feb 8

I had a new student in my first class today. We covered 4 pages of material and learned new words. They did a good job in class today. Then I let them play a game. One of the students wanted to know everyone's birthday so she was writing it on the board. She only wrote the day and month. I asked her for the year so I could figure out how old my students were. My youngest student was born in 2002. The other 2 were born in 2000. The girl is 11 years old (Korean age). My new student is 11 years old.(Korean age). My youngest student is 9 (korean age).

My second class was good. When I came in the room one of the students asked me "are you busy?". No. I helped her with her vocabulary then we started class. Today we did 2 speaking lessons. We had a good discussion about lying and friends.2 of my students were absent.

My 3rd class was pretty good. We also did 2 speaking lessons. Our lessons were about "if you leave me alone" (about a kid who wants to be left alone-his parents nag him too much) and a lesson about parents.

My last class was actually good today. They asked me at the beginning of class if they could play a game. I said "maybe". Their behavior was good today. Most of the class was participating. We covered 4 pages of material and reviewed. Then I let them have free time. We have a test on Friday. Then we have 2 weeks to finish the last 2 chapters in the book. I think I'll skip ENIE next week so we can do one chapter in a week. We will lose one day because of the holiday.

A girl I met in my neighborhood is planning to go to Busan this weekend. She posted it on Facebook to see if anyone wanted to go with her. One other girl responded.I responded and told her I might be interested. I've always wanted to go to Busan (a town in Southern Korea) and I never got around to going. This weekend is a 3 day weekend and right after payday so it would work out good. I'd finally get to ride the bullet train. That's something I haven't experienced in Korea yet. I also never went to any cities in the South. I barely made it past Seoul. I had all this time and I wasted it. Travel in South Korea is so cheap. I could have seen all of Korea in a year. Maybe I will end up coming back and exploring the rest of Korea.

No comments: