Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 420

Wednesday Feb 10

My first class was my newspaper class with the lowest level. Our first article was about Vancouver. As soon as I said Vancouver the youngest student started talking about the olympics. We had a good class. We covered 5 articles. They had a little trouble finding the answers today so I had to help them out.

My 2nd class was good. When I went in class everyone was ready for their speaking test. On Monday I told them the test was on a wednesday. They were asking me about it. I told them it was on Wednesday. They told me today was wednesday. No, next wednesday. We did a writing lesson on dialouge and part of a story. They did good on the material. After class I was helping one of the students with her vocabulary. She was telling me how good my English was. hehe. My English should be good. Its my first language. 2 boys in the class were trying to flatter me hoping I'd end class early. They were asking me what page we would finish on. I always say I dont know because it depends on how much we can cover in class. Then they were saying things like "youre beautiful", "youre tall". silly stuff. Then one of the girls said they were lying. haha.

We also had a writing lesson in my 3rd class. We talked about is, am, are, was, were, go, went, past tense verbs. We finished the book today. One of my students told me that he hurt his thumb so I wrote the answers for him because he said he couldn't hold the pencil. They did a good job on the material.

My last class was back to having bad behavior. They were asking for a game, but I told them they had to be good and we might have a game. Well only one person read all the time. The rest only read sometimes. They weren't listening. They were talking while I was talking and while they should have been listening to the recording. So when I was talking I had to talk over them. One of the girls who was actually paying attention kept asking me to hurry, but Id keep stopping because I wanted the whole class to participate. One girl kept texting someone during my class.
They kept getting out of their seat to throw things in the trash. The boys like to shake up their pepsi and watch it overflow.

I watched last nights episode of American Idol. Hollywood Week. It was too short, They should have done a 2 hour show so we could see more people performing. They only feature a few people so there are so many people that you don't get to see. They keep up with all the people with the big stories. They showed the girl from Tennessee and she didn't make it. They also featured the guy who had cancer. I don't think he made it to the next round. They showed the girl with the 4 brothers with down syndrome. I don't think she made it through either. I wanted to see the Korean guy sing but they didn't feature him on the show. I liked the guy who sang his own version of "Straight Up". He was really good. I like it when they are able to take the song and rearrange it to make it sound different. There was a guy who had a wife going into labor. He did a good job. The next show should be group round. That's always interesting.

I have to get up early tomorrow. I have to get my root canal started at the dentist. My appt is at 10am.

11 more school days....2 more school days till a 3 day weekend!! (This weekend is a holiday--Lunar New Year) I get Monday off from school!

1 comment:

trician said...

"he he", what fascinating sounds are they.