Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 433...more changes in plans....

Tuesday Feb 23

Got up bright and early and headed out to get my crown at the dentist. It was a quick appointment. I sat in the chair at 10:58am and I got out of the chair at 11:07!

I gave each class a party. All the students were excited. I took them down to Home Plus to get whatever they wanted that was 1,000 won or less. Then I gave them candy and an eraser. We listened to music during class. I only took one photo of the whole class in each class. The Tuesday/Thursday kids didn't see the camera and want to play around with it like my Mon/Wed/Friday classes did.

I only had one class where we did work. We had our newspaper class today. It didn't go too well. This week is just busy work since we are through.The boys were talking the entire time and I was trying to talk loud enough to talk over them. Telling them to be quiet didn't help. Oh well. Today our articles were 'the history of the telephone','what is blood?', and 'the blue whale.' They don't really seem interested in the material. They were surprised about the size of a blue whale. I found a picture on in the internet that compared a blue whale to a bus and grey whale. Blue whales are the larges animals. They weigh about 109 tons! Their heart weighs about 450 kg. (990 Pounds!)

After one of my classes there was a sheet of paper laying on my desk. As I looked closer I found out it was my flight reservation. Its for the 28th of February. I'll actually be home on Sunday! I have 3 flights. 2 layovers.

I'll fly from Seoul to Tokyo on Korean Air. While I'm in Tokyo I'll have a 7 hour layover. What am I going to do on a 7 hour layover? I don't want to leave the airport and risk getting lost. Plus Japan is expensive and I don't want to spend my money. I'll try to find a plug for my laptop.

Then I'll get on American Airlines and fly to Dallas Fort Worth. When I get there I will have a 2 hour layover. Then I'll be at Charlotte around 9pm. 9 hours of layovers and 15 hours of flying. It's literally taking me a full day to get home, but because of the time difference I'll gain a few hours. I'll leave Seoul at 9am, fly/be bored for 24 hours, then I'll arrive in Charlotte at 9pm.

After all that travelling I'll just sleep until its time to leave for NYC on March 4.I wonder how long it will take me to get adjusted to the time change! I don't think I ever adjusted to the time change in Seoul!

How did I accumulate so many clothes? I know there's no way its all going to fit into 2 suitcases! I'm going to take it to Salvation Army. I'm going to have to make 2 trips. I've got a small box full and my grocery cart thingy is filled to capacity. There's probably enough clothes in the cart to fill another 2 small boxes. I would ship some stuff home, but I don't want to pay a lot for international shipping. I can always buy new clothes at home. If I had a car it wouldn't be a problem. I'd just stuff in all in my car, but I dont have one. I have to take the subway so i can only take what I can carry. I don't have enough stuff to arrange a pickup.

I'm scared my big suitcase is going to be over the limit. It can weigh 50 pounds. If its overweight it will cost 50,000 won! Maybe I should take out some of the heavier items like books and just ship them home. I don't want to pay extra!

So much to do in the next 4 days!! I still have to go to the pension office to apply for a refund.

Its going to be hard to get rid of everything before leaving. I want to come back. I wish I had a place to store a few things that I will need if I do come back. I dont want to purchase them again and its too much to ship home. Things like a transformer, mirror, extra shampoo/body wash, drying rack, hangers, pillow, mattress topper. I don't want to pay a storage fee for a unit and I dont know of anyone that would want to keep my things for me. yikes!

No comments: