Friday, May 1, 2009

day 135

May 1st Friday

Today I had to get up early to go to immigration. At least this time it was a quick process. I just took my receipt to the pickup window and I was in and out in 5 mintues. Then I went to eat at Burger King.

I love watching people sleep on the subway. Its so funny. Their head is going in all directions. There was a woman on the subway today and I kept thinking she was going to fall over into the next seat.haha.

I'm wearing my new dress to school today. Its a black dress made with jersey material. It has 2 pockets on the front below the hips and a ruffle at the bottom. I'm wearing my new spanx footless pantyhose with it. I hate pantyhose. They run like crazy! I already see 2 small holes in my hose. I'm wearing my hair down which is rare. Its usually half up or in a ponytail since it gets in my way. I think its time for a haircut. I need to research salons. I'll check out forums online to see if there are english speaking salons. There's got to be one somewhere. I think I'll get it chin length again. Its so much easier to manage when its short.

I went to Nokbeon at 1:30 to meet with MK. He had to give me my 5,000 won back cause I paid too much for my gas bill. He was also suppose to make copies of my ARC to give to the finance dept for medical insurance, pension, etc. He had my card and was walking around with it. Then he brought it back to me. Then he chased me down and said he needed to keep my ARC card till he sees me on Sunday. I asked him why. He said he needed to make copies. Why didn't he make copies when he was in the teacher's room and he had my ARC??? So now he has my ARC. I have to carry around my passport as indentification.

When I was at the subway there was this woman talking to me. She told me she studied in the USA for 6 months. She was asking me various questions. She wanted to know why I'm not learning Korean. I told her I am going to learn some. Everyone wants me to learn Korean!! I might learn a little but there's no way I'm going to be proficient and I'll forget it when I get home. Plus when I get home I will have no use whatsoever for Korean. I don't know a single person in the USA who speaks Korean. I could understand learning Spanish-there are tons of latinos in America, but Korean isn't widely used.

I found an event to go to on Saturday. I think I will go to the World Flower Exhibition. Its only a 33 min subway ride and it costs 9,000 to get in. I think it will be interesting and I can take a lot of pictures.

Today the Korean teachers took up more of my teaching time so I didn't get to teach anything new. The students were taking the TESOL test in their regular class time and the majority of my class time. I was only in my 3rd class for 15 minutes. They just took my test and then we went over homework.

I hate having to stay till 9:30. I'm done at 8:00pm and then I have to sit at my desk and zone out for an hour and 30 minutes. Thats what I do. I try to think of every possible website I can look at or I play on facebook.

No comments: