Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 148

May 13 Wednesday


Today I was sitting at school and my cell phone rang. It was actually the best news I'd heard all week. haha. Mk's last day at the school is Friday! I won't have to put up with his crap anymore!

In my first class I gave a test and we covered a few pages in the book.

In my 2nd class we had a word test then we covered 2 pages in the book. Then I let them play a game. I told them we have to cover these two pages before we can play a game.

In my 3rd class we had a word test and then we covered a lot of material. I only have one student. We can actually cover almost a whole unit because he's smart and in my highest level class. I never have to repeat things or explain something a million times because no one understands. He's really quiet but he does his work and he participates. He has to participate and he has to speak in English the whole class period.

In my 4th class I gave them a writing test. There was 3 people who I didn't make take the test. They werent in my class in April so its not going to count for anything. Then we had a word test. I actually gave 2 word tests. Level 8 had the words they studied and my student who moved up from level 7 got tested on his words. He will also be tested on his words on Friday because he hasnt learned any of their words. I gave him an option if he wanted to learn new words or study the ones he knew. He chose to study what he knew. He's a good student.

I have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow! I have to give word tests to 5 classes. Then I have to give them a new word list to study for the following week. I also have to assign essays to the students. I think I'll just let every level write about their favorite movie. I think that might be easier for all the students. And I only have to make one topic.

After work I rushed to the gym. I was suppose to have an orientation class tonight. The schedule was full. They didn't check the schedule before letting me choose when I wanted to have my class. I scheduled my class for Saturday at 4pm. They will show me around the gym and give tips and I have to get weighed. yuck! I know my approximate weight and Its not good!!

Tonight I was on the eliptical for 40 minutes. I burned 142 calories. I used the "random hill" program. I started out on level 3 and progressed up slowly to level 10. Its a great workout. I could stay on there for a long time. Maybe Saturday I'll do it for an hour. Then I worked out my legs, back and abs with the weight machines. One of the personal trainers at the gym keeps talking about how I am always smiling. He was also calling me shy. He asked me what my goal was at the gym. I told him I wanted to lose weight and tone up. His tips for losing weight are run and eat little. Yeah its pretty simple, but complex at the same time. My willpower is kinda low, but im hoping that will change very soon. After my workout I totally ruined it by going to Burger King and eating a whopper. I guess I just workout for the fun of it. I've got to start having some disipline. No more eating out!! Then I walked home from the gym.

Me and Lesley decided that tomorrow is our break from the gym. I'm also taking a break on Sunday. I'll be there every other day. 2 days of rest is good.

I have got to learn to be disciplined. There are so many areas that I need to work on.
a) eating right
b) going to bed at a decent time
c) not hitting the snooze alarm 5 or 6 times
d) learning new tips on how to be an effective teacher
e) cleaning the bathroom...yuck! I think I might hire a maid eventually! Its pretty cheap.
f) saving more money instead of making frequent trips to the conveinent store and buying stuff I don't really need.

I need to pick my summer vacation time soon. I'm not leaving the country, but I still need to pick out a time. I think I might go to Busan. Its at the southern part of South Korea. (I live in the north) You can take a short flight or a 3 hour fast train. I'll choose whatever is the cheapest. I'll definatly check out the beach while Im there. I also want to stay in a love motel at least one night just to check it out. I'll probably spend 3 or 4 nights in Busan. Then I'll come home and relax and do nothing for the rest of my vacation!!

No comments: