Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 161

May 26 Tuesday

My level 5 class is giving me trouble again. I asked for their homework and they said "you didnt give us homework". I argued with them. YES I DID!! I wrote it on the board. of course no one did it. I wrote it on the board and if they didn't copy it then thats their fault. they were being bad in class today. talking and playing with their phones and not paying attention. Im up there talking and they are just carrying on like I'm not even up there. They were even talking during the test. I had to keep telling them to be quiet. I have one girl who is always late. She's been late for the last 3 classes. We had just gotten finished with the word test and she came in and I had to give the test to her. This class is getting a bad 'assignment' grade on their report card-either a C or D. I'll probably give some of them a B for behavior also.

My 2nd class was taking a test so I just sat at my desk. Then the teacher told me that the test was over and I could go to class at 5:20. Then she thought it would be better if I just had that class at 5:50 which is my normal break time. I like having my break from 5:50 to 6:50 but now I wont have it. I walk in the class and "we're taking a test". Why do their tests last more than 45 minutes so that they take up my time? In my 2nd class we went over 2 pages of material then they had a lot of free time. We are finished with the book.

So I'm going to my 4th class and they are giving a test. They took up 20 minutes of my class time. When I got to the class we took our writing test and then we went over 2 pages in the book.

the Korean teachers didn't have to teach much today or yesterday. They are just giving monthly tests. Well I dont care if my tests take all class on Thursday.

Assigning essays to the lower levels is a waste of time. I had a student today who turned in an essay and I gave it back because he didn't write sentences. I give them a sample essay but they don't pay attention to it I guess. Another girl in level 4 wrote one sentence and it was in Korean so I didn't take her's either. I even had a level 9 student who didn't write in sentences.

I had a good workout tonight. I did 30 minutes on the eliptical at a moderate pace. Then I worked out my arms, back and chest. We were chit chatting with the personal trainer tonight while we were at the gym. He talks to us everytime we are there. He said I was diligent at working out.

I got my supplements today. I'm going to start taking the acai pills tomorrow. I'm not going to start taking the colon cleanse till the weekend so I can see how it will affect me and if I should take it during the week.

I have to be observed tomorrow. yuck! I hate being observed. I'll be teaching speaking in my first class, then I'll be giving 2 tests in my 2nd class (we probably won't have any time to do any real work), in my 3rd class Im giving 2 tests and a writing unit, in my last class we will be doing speaking.

I think this is the last week of the quarter. I need to ask tomorrow. When the new quarter starts I'm coming up with class rules and new policies. I'm going to give everyone a copy of the rules so they know what they are. I might even make them sign the rules so they can't say they didn't know. Im going to be strict and they are going to hate me! I want to make them only speak English. There's way too much Korean speaking going on in class. I've got to think of some punishment options because I havent punished anyone. Maybe I'll implement the 'invisible chair'. Make them sit against the wall like they are sitting in a chair but there isn't a chair. That will teach them to be good. I'm going to make an essay schedule so they will know exactly when the essays are due. They can't have any excuses about not knowing when it was due. They are going to have one chance to turn in their essay. Then I can tell the Korean teacher to call their parents.

No comments: