Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 152 My legs hurt!

May 17 Sunday

My legs hurt!! The front part between the top of my leg to the knees-the quadriceps. Probably those darn squats the trainer made me do at the gym!! I'd do a squat and he'd say "lower". After the workout going down stairs was painful!! I'm sore because I'm not used to having that part worked out at that level! I think I might skip the gym tomorrow and let my body recuperate.

I was reading about a supplement that was promoted by Rachel Ray and Oprah called "Acai Burn". Its suppose to be good for fat burning and weight loss. In clinical studies people used it for 6 months and their average was 14 pounds a month. I read a lot of reviews and I decided that I would give it a try. I found some on Ebay for about $40. (normally a month's supply is $53 a bottle). I ordered it and now I'm just waiting to find out how much I owe. I'll use it for a month and give the verdict! There was also a months supply of a colon cleanse pill. They are suppose to work really good together. I've read that there are a lot of toxins in your colon and when you clean it out you will feel better.

I was reading about the benefits of colon cleansing and found this:
One of the surprising benefits of colon cleansing is that some people experience significant weight loss after treatment. The average human colon weighs approximately four pounds. But it is not at all unusual for colon cleansing to flush away as much as ten to thirty pounds of stagnant fecal matter.--sounds gross, but really cool if I lost weight just by cleaning out the colon.

I'm currently researching about Jeju for my vacation. I think I might try to take my vacation in July. I was told just to pick a week for vacation. I kept getting asked over and over and over to pick my vacation. Why are they in such a rush for me to pick my vacation?

I was telling one of the Korean teachers that I was thinking about going to Busan for vacation. She suggested Jeju. She said its a lot nicer. I read up on Jeju and its a nice place that sorta resembles the Hawaiian Islands. Its a very popular tourist spot. It looks like a nice place from the pictures that I've seen. I was researching flights and ferries. I actually think I might take a ferry. A Ferry leaves from Incheon Mon/Wed/Fri and leaves Jeju on Tues/Thurs/Sat. It takes 13 hours to get there. A 2nd class bunk costs 70,000 won(you share a room with other people). Thats not too bad. Flights are more expensive. Plus the ferry will be a neat experience. Kinda like a cruise without all the amenities.

I found a site that offers a day trip for 48,000 won which will take you to a lot of tourist places. I might try to find some love motels to stay at. Love motels are usually cheap. I read about one that was 40,000 won for 2 people. That's cheaper than a normal hotel. I also read about this guesthouse which is pretty cheap-30,000 a night. I think my whole trip might set me back about 500,000 won but I think it will be a fun experience and a lot cheaper than hopping on a plane and going to somewhere else outside of Korea.

I went out to take my garbage and the guard at my apartment just started talking to me in Korean and although I probably looked like I didn't understand he still kept talking. There was a guy outside who knew some English. He said that the guard said there were some people in the building who wanted to learn English. middle school students. I told him I didn't want to and he wants to know why. My contract says I can only teach at my school. There might be a slim chance of getting caught but still I don't want to take the chance. Plus I'm already busy enough with school and going to the gym. I don't have much free time.

I have a love hate relationship with E-mart. Just imagine Walmart around Christmas time when the store is crowded. Well its pretty much like that everyday at E-mart. Its so hard to get around because its so crowded. Then it gets on my nerves how Koreans are so pushy. I was at the checkout waiting for the cashier to ring up my groceries. I was standing down at the end of the counter (where a bagger would be at a normal supermarket)(you bag your own here and you buy the bags) I took my own bag today. so I was standing there bagging up my groceries and she is standing right beside me. She's ready for her groceries and I haven't even finished getting mine yet. Then when I had put all my groceries in my bag and paid I was picking up my bag she pointed to my watermelon as if to say 'don't forget it'. Give me time! I can't pick up my bag and the watermelon at the same time! I hate it how when I'm getting ready to pay they are standing right next to me. stand up at the belt part until its your turn!!!!!!!

No comments: