Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 159

May 24 Sunday

I actually got up early this morn. I first woke up at 9:00 then my friend sent me a text message saying she wanted to meet an hour later so I went back to sleep for an hour!

I met my friend at the subway station. She said she moved the time because She was hungover and wanted a little more sleep. She drank too much last night.

We went to an English exhibition at Coex mall. The school asked her to go and check it out. Its set up like a job fair except its for summer English camps and study abroad to learn English. She got a lot of different brochures from various tables. Then we got on the subway and headed home.

She was asking me if I went to church. I told her I didn't know who had English services. She said I could go with her sometime. She goes to a Seventh Day Adventist. They meet on Saturdays. She said she could introduce me to some other foreigners who go there. I'll have to check that out.

At 5 I had an orientation session at the gym. I was walking in the hall towards the gym and I saw the personal trainer. He asked me why I was late. I told him I was suppose to be there at 5pm. He looked at his phone. It was 4:59.

First he showed me some stretches. He said he was worried that I broke my promise. I didn't forget about today. I just got there right on time. The cute guy at the front desk came to talk to me while I was working with the PT. He told me he forgot my name. I finally got his name also. The PT showed me some upper body exercises today. I got on this machine for the back which I thought was going to be really hard to use, but it actually wasn't that hard. While we were working out he was asking me all sorts of questions like what was my major and asking about other teachers and when I'm leaving. Titanic was playing on the tv screen and he was asking me if I saw it and asking me about what movie stars I like. all sorts of things. He said I should stay in Korea and get married and have babies.haha. Most people that I talk to say I should stay for a long time.ha. I won't be staying more than a year. well actually it will be a year and 2 months by the time I leave. He showed me some upper body machines for chest, pecs, lower back. He asked me if I knew how to use the stair climber. I told him I did. How hard could it be? I never intended to use it anyway! I thought if I told him I knew how to use it he wouldn't show me how. Wrong. Ouch! The stair climber hurts! I won't use it again unless I get a lot stronger. I really worked up a sweat in a short time. I was on it for about 10 minutes. Its harder than it looks. It said I climbed 32 flights of stairs and burned 64 calories in 10 minutes. It wasn't set to my weight though so that figure isn't correct. Then it was finally over!

I think he wants me to help him with his English. He couldnt quite get out what he wanted to say but he said he wanted to talk to me a lot. He said he is forgetting his English because he didn't use it much. (I know how that is! I almost forgot Spanish!) After our workout I was leaving and he thought I should stay and workout longer! He said "youre not going to run?". I said "i'll run tomorrow." Then I headed home.

My supplements, new sports bra and workout clothes should all be arriving this week. I'm expecting 3 packages. Then I'll be set and I wont have to wash my one pair of workout clothes almost everyday. Im looking for one package around Wednesday or so and 2 around Friday. I need to go tonight and shop for groceries. First I need to figure out what I want to eat this week. And I've actually got to eat it instead of letting it rot in the fridge because I choose to eat out instead of at home.

No comments: