Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 154

May 19 Tuesday

I am such a dummy! I ordered something off of Ebay and I forgot to put my room number in my address! It will get to my officetel building but they won't know what room number. And finding out if it arrived will be such a hassle. The guards don't speak English!! and I dont speak Korean! I dont know how I would ask them if there is a package for me. I'll just wait about a week and see if I see a package up there without a room number and then show them my name badge and see if they understand. Why do I have to be such a dumbass?...I have such a long stupid address....

My 1st class was being bad today. They were being loud and not paying attention and talking to each other while I was trying to talk. i had to yell at them a few times. I told them their essay was due on Thursday and one kid had already lost his sheet so I had to give him another one. I bet half of them won't even turn it in. One of my students was absent last week on Thursday and they will be absent this Thursday as well. Her class is going on a trip.

In my 2nd class we only went over a few pages of material. Then I let them play a game. I don't want to go to fast because we don't have much material left to cover. the lessons are too short plus we started on unit 3. We only had 6 units to cover in 13 weeks. I just watched them play a game. Something about 007.

My student from level 2 moved up to level 4. I was wondering yesterday why they were copying books for level 4.

I just never know what to write here!!! All my classes are becoming predictable.

Went back to the gym tonight. I did a 35 minute interval workout on the eliptical. Then I worked out my arms and left the gym at 11:30pm. I had a good workout. Tomorrow I think I will do the treadmill for about 45 minutes then briefly work my legs.

My friend Lesley was being observed today. I'm suppose to be observed next Wednesday. I talked to the observer on Monday. I'm hoping that her "next week" doesn't mean tomorrow. I get stressed out over observations. I don't like being criticized for something I know I'm not really good at. I didn't have any formal training so I'm doing the best I can. I would compare it to singing. Lets say you ask me to sing an Italian Aria, but I don't know Italian. So you criticize me on how I mispronounced the words. same difference. I'll admit that I don't know what I'm doing when Im teaching! I realize that this wasn't the smartest career choice and I don't want to be here, but I'm going to stick it out so at least it won't look like I'm a quitter on my resume. At least I can look back and say "What the heck was I thinking?"

I'm so confused on when one "quarter" ends and the next one begins. I have no clue. I need to figure that out.

Me and Lesley are going on vacation at the same time. And she is going to Jeju also with her boyfriend. We might run into each other there.haha.

No comments: