Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 160

May 25 Monday

I was heading to my first class and the Korean teacher told me "We have a monthly test. You don't have to teach today". I didn't have to teach my 1st class. I had spent time preparing for my class, but its nice to have a break. Maybe I'll get a break from some of tomorrow's classes. That would be really nice since Tues/Thurs kids drive me crazy! I have to give my monthly tests on Wednesday,Thursday,Friday.

I had to teach my 2nd and 3rd classes. My 2nd class was being wild. They were being loud and playing with their cell phones and not wanting to pay attention. I gave them more homework than usual in return for their bad behavior. In my 3rd class we finished the speaking book.

I had a good workout tonight. I was on the eliptical doing interval training for 30 minutes then I worked out on a few of the leg machines. Then I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Then I took a 20 min walk to my house.

The ex President of Korea committed suicide recently. He jumped off a cliff. He was involved in some corruption scandal. One of the Korean teachers told me she went to the funeral this morning.

I'm thinking about going to a football game on Saturday. Soccer is called 'football' over here. Tickets run anywhere from 8-12,000 for general admission seats and 20,000($16) for assigned seats. I may get an 8,000(6.43 usd) or 12,000(9.65usd) ticket.

There have been 22 confirmed cases of (swine)flu in South Korea. 18 of the people are currently in isolation. Our school is advising us to stay away from places like Itaewon where a lot of foreigners hangout since there was an outbreak among some English teachers. They aren't worried about the Korean people getting it. They think since they eat so much Kimchi that they won't get it. Seriously, these people think Kimchi is some miracle drug.

North Korea has declared that they had another nuclear test.

No comments: