Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 132

April 28 Tuesday

I got a package today! A lot of goodies from home! I have jelly, tuna, tang, country time lemonade mix, tights. I took my tang to school and I've already drank a small water bottle full..(about 16 oz).

I had to go to Nokbeon today to meet with mk. He said he is going to talk to the managers at the officetel. I'm suppose to get 5,000 won back. He said my gas bill was wrong. He wanted the receipt.I only had the paper receipt from the bank. I didn't have the actual bill because they took it at the bank and didn't return it to me so i had to go to the bank. He got a copy of the bills that I paid. Why does he need a receipt for all my bills? So while we were at the bank he was asking me if I wanted to teach the bank teller English on the weekends. I don't know. I don't want all of my weekends taken from me. The teller wants to go to dinner with me on Sunday. Mk gave her his number so they can set up a time. He always makes plans then asks me "is that okay?". I didn't want to tell her no. I just wish mk didn't have to go out with us. Mk was asking me what I was doing this weekend. I told him I didn't know yet. He said "lets have dinner togethers". I didn't give him an answer. I don't really want to go out to dinner with him, but now we have plans with the bank teller so I will be. While I was at the bank he was going to pay a bill for another teacher. He was trying to pay it at the ATM. He's suppose to be showing me what to do, but he doesn't even know what he's doing. Then one of the tellers pointed him to the right machine.

When I went in my first class there wasn't anyone in the class. There was one bookbag on the desk. Then slowly most of them came in. The last student showed up at 4:20. They just walk in and take their time like its no big deal. 3 students were absent. They called one of the students to ask her where she was. She didnt come today because she is studying for midterms. 3 of my students didn't turn in their essays. Some of the essays were really short. one of them was completly off topic. The topic was "what you want to be when you grow up". One essay said "I want to be a doctor because I get many pay." That's the whole essay-one sentence. One of my students in the class wanted to give me a Korean name. My Korean name is Kim Suo Jung.

In my 2nd class 2 people didn't turn in their essay. That class is good so I gave them an extra day. One girl wasn't there when I assigned the essay so I gave her the assignment. I'm going to be ahead in this class so I'm going to think of some extra fun things to do. I just let them play games. They like me because I let them play games. We are almost finished with unit 8. I've been going slow in that class. We only have 1 unit left in the book. i have 4 weeks left to cover 1 unit. Why did I have to start at unit 3? Today we finished early so I let them play a game. they played hangman.

In my 3rd class 2 of the students didn't bring their essay. We reviewed the lesson then I let them play hangman using vocabulary words from the unit.

In my 4th class only 1 person brought their essay. During class the boys were being silly as always. Near the end of class I don't know what happened. I was looking at my book and all of a sudden I see one of the student's glasses fall on the floor. Then I looked at him and he was crying. the student beside him said he was angry. Maybe the student behind him did something to make him angry. The student behind him thought it was funny. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was.

In my last class 3 people didn't bring their essays. So Thursday will be the last day anyone can turn in their essays. This seriously messed up my whole schedule I made on when I would assign the final draft.

I only have 2 classes tomorrow so I'm going to use that time to correct all of my essays.

This Swine flu is getting out of hand!! Now its reached Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Its spread to six countries. Quit spreading it!! Don't bring it to South Korea!!

No comments: