Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 111..My Dad is a Crazy Taxi Driver

April 7..Tuesday

Today I had to go to Nokbeon to talk about my Japan trip. When I got there mk told me that he didn't have my airline ticket or hotel reservation yet. He would meet me tonight to give it to me because he was still waiting on it to come to his email. We also talked about my salary which I will get on Friday. After deductions it will come out to 1.7million won. I think I will live off of at least 500,000 plus the 100,000 I already have in my account for the month. Its pretty easy to live off of that. Then i'll send 1.2 million won home to my American account. I asked him why medical and pension wasn't coming out. It will start coming out once I get a new ARC card from immigration. I have to do that after I get my Visa in Japan and have a medical check.

I was busy today. During my breaks I was writing lesson plans for my sub tomorrow and Thursday. I wrote very detailed plans. I showed one of them to the Korean teacher and she commented on how detailed it was. I'm very detail oriented. I'm sure you can tell by reading my blog.

I had a new student in my first class. Now I have 11 in that class. We played hangman and then we went over a few pages in the book. They are so funny. After we played hangman they asked me to draw a person on the board. First I drew just a face. Then they said draw a body. Then one guy said "put a bat in her hand" So I drew the person holding a bat. THen they said "draw a ball". They told me not to erase it. They wanted the next teacher to see. They said it was her.haha.

In my second class I let them play a game for the first few minutes of class then we did a few pages of work.

In my 4th class My students are crazy! We are talking about jobs right now. The boys are all about killing. Seems to be a theme with all the students I've taught. They love to talk about killing. One of the activities was to draw a picture of your mom or your dad and tell the class "this is my mom/dad" "She...". One of my students who always acts crazy drew a picture and said "This is my mom and dad". Dad is a crazy taxi driver and mom is a killer". At the beginning of class this same guy (his name is Rocky) came up to me with his electronic dictionary. (A lot of the kids have electronic talking dictionaries..they use them when they don't understand a word. They also have korean/english dictionaries on their phones that they use). So he types in a word and says "listen to this". The dictionary said "fuck you". I told him "thats a dirty word. where did you learn that?"..He said "the internet".

In my last class half of the class was absent. 3 students were there and 3 were absent.

Then after class I was there till 10:15 making lesson plans.

Everyone advised me to take the Airport Limo..Its a bus that takes you to the airport. The only one that I can take that will get me there in time leaves at 5:35! I have to get up super early! I kinda would like to stay up all night but I think I'll try to get at least 3 hours of sleep. I'll arrive at the airport at 7:15am. Which is 2 hours before my flight. I have to be at the airport by 7:30am.

I'll be flying on Asiana airlines. I'm only taking a carry on. 9:30am flight. The flight only lasts 1 hour and 10 minutes for 350 miles. I wish I had a printer! I could have chosen my seat and printed out my boarding pass online!! I leave Japan on Thursday at 6:10pm.

I'll be staying at Comfort Hotel Hakata near Hakata station in Fukuoka station.

After I left school I was waiting at the subway and this older korean man starts talking to me. He's asking me about a stop on the subway. Can you imagine that..me (a foreigner) telling a Korean how to get to a partictular stop. He asked if I was familiar with the subway. I told him I ride it everyday. He could speak good english. He was an American citizen. He showed me his Nevada driver's license.

I have to get up at 4am!! I think I'll go to bed at 12:45am.

No comments: