Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 110...NKorea rocket fizzles, US says; Obama urges action

April 6 Monday

more news on the "rocket" launch:

North Korea Rocket Fizzles

North Korean rocket not a total failure

I sleep so good at night and I never want to get out of bed.ha. This morning I was chatting with my sister at 4:30am. yeah I was still up at 4:30. I'm such a nightowl. I can't go to bed early.

I got another package from home today. full of goodies. crunchy peanut butter, mac and cheese, chips ahoy, tuna, Musinex, etc.

Musinex is great! I needed this stuff 2 weeks ago! One pill lasts 12 hours. I coughed a little bit but not nearly as much as usual.

Today I ate lunch with the girls at school. I had chinese noodles and dim sum. I liked it. Big portion too for only 4,000 won. ($3.06)

The won exchange rate is down to 1304 (last time I transferred money home the rate was 1399). Please keep going down as payday approaches!!(its been going down lately..it was up to 1500 not too long ago)

I had to fill in my part on the report cards today. I had to give a letter grade for their attendance, behavior and participation. I mostly gave everyone A's but I gave Bs and Cs for those who won't turn in their essays and dont do their homework.


After school I met up with Andrew and Rocky(another foreign teacher) at a restaurant for supper. Andrew had to tell me about how to get around Japan since he had to go a while back. I have to go on Wednesday. We ate samgyupsal and it was good. You get a nice size portion for 3,500 won. I love samgyupsal and you can find it cheap at most places which is nice.

Tomorrow I have to make lesson plans for my substitute. They will have to teach 2 speaking classes on Wednesday. Thursday they will have to teach 3 speaking classes and 2 writing classes. Thats probably going to be weird for the students. They are used to me and then they have someone come in who has a completly different teaching style. Its going to be hard to tell the teacher what pages to complete. I usually don't set a limit of how many pages before class. I kinda go with the flow and see how things go. If they are picking up the material then I can cover more, but if they are having trouble then I might only cover 2 pages.

No comments: