Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 127....very interesting start to the day...

April 23 Thursday

My neighbor's friend texted me around 1:45 am and asked me if I was sleeping. I told him I was still awake and he asked me if I wanted to join him and my neighbor. So I went out at 2am with 2 korean guys. My neighbor doesn't speak much english, but his friend speaks a lot better English. He has lived in Australia before and he is moving back to Australia in a few weeks (he's a referee in Australia)(my neighbor is a football coach (soccer is "football" over here). I told them that in America Soccer and Football are two very different sports. I found out that both of them are 27 in Korean age. So in America they would be 25 years old. We were going to eat at a chicken place but it was closing when we got there. They wanted to go drink beer but there weren't any bars open near our officetel so they went to family mart and got some beer. They bought me a coke. Then we went back to the soccer office. It was interesting. We were sitting in the office and talking. They were drinking beer.(they drank 3 big bottles of beer together). My neighbor was drunk. The guy who doesnt speak good english kept talking in korean to his friend who can speak better english. then he translates. I can actually understand his friend. They were teaching me some korean but I don't remember it. They taught me a curse word in korean.haha. The neighbor who can't speak much english loves to say "fuck". He really likes to say "fuck English. I'm Korean". (he really doesn't like English). He also likes to say "mother fucker nigger"(he doesn't really understand what it means though). His friend advised him not to say that to any black people. They also explained that they are scared of black people. My neighbor told me how much he likes children. He showed me a picture on his cell phone of 3 of the students-they were 7 and 8 years old. He also showed me a pic of his younger brother. His dad has been married 3 times. His younger brother has a different mom than him. He told me "this is my son." His friend told me it was his younger brother. The neighbor called his boss over to the office at 3:30am. His boss came over and was speaking to me in broken english. They said that the boss is crazy. When he got up to go to the bathroom they advised me to go home. (the office is right beside my house). I'm in 302 and the office is 303). I snuck out while the boss was in the bathroom.

They were telling me that the soccer coach wants me to teach the children how to speak English. I'd consider it if I had enough time. I don't know how I would fit it into my schedule.

Yesterday I was reading a funny post on Dave's ESL cafe. There was a woman asking "Where do I find handsome Korean men?" And one of the answers was "In the man purse section of the dept store". Yes men carry the "murse" around here. Someone else said said that they'll be wearing a shiny suit with a pink tie and shirt ensemble. Thats also true. Men aren't afraid to wear pink. Lots of men wear pink. I don't know what is up with the shiny suits. I'm not a fan of the shiny suits.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, you read that? That was my comment about the man purse

-Andrew

Valerie Knight said...

yes..I read a lot of stuff on Dave's

I find it funny that they all like the "murse"

Anonymous said...

I guess I've outed myself now, I post on Dave's all the time.

Valerie Knight said...

yeah I've seen a lot of your posts. I like to read everyone's comments. It keeps me entertained during my free time at work.