Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 121

April 17 Friday

I have 3 classes today.

In my first class I had a new student. The students wanted to know why he didn't have to take the test. I told them its his first day. We can't just give him a test when he hasn't learned the answers. Then I had a hard time getting them to talk. Today we were talking about faces. They learned the words face, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, hair. I let them draw a face on a piece of paper then their assignment was to tell me what each part was using a model from the book that I wrote on the board. I would point to the board and ask them to say the body parts but they were doing it. I must have explained it 5 or 6 times before they finally did it. I had clear instructions on the board. I said point to the body part and tell me what it is. This is my nose. This is my hair,etc. Then they finally said it.

In my 2nd class I had a new student. One of the students from the 1st class moved up to the 2nd class. The students also wanted to know why she didn't have to take the test. I explained to them that it was her first day in my class. Then they wanted to talk and get out of their seat so I had to yell at them a few times. One of the girls has a twin that is in my tues/thurs classes and she was sitting in our class today.

I'm going to join a gym soon. One of my friends who is a teacher at the same academy at a different branch wants us to work out together. She lives in front of a gym that is 2 subway stops away from me. I can't sign up for the year contract because I'm not going to be here a year. I may sign up for a 6 month contract and do the rest from month to month since I'm only going to be here about 10 1/2 months. I've got to start eating better also. I just don't know what to eat. I can't read labels to see if the foods are healthy. Plus I don't even know what most of the food in the store is. I know I've got to stop eating fast food and drinking soft drinks if I really want to get into shape and lose weight.

No comments: