Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 113...day 2 in Japan

April 9, Thursday

Its my 16th week...

Today was day 2 of Japan...I got up around 9am and checked out of the hotel around 9:50am.

I went over to Hakata station and locked up my luggage and headed out to Tojinmachi stn to go the Korean consolate. Went in and picked up my visa around 10:30am.

I went to Hawk's town mall. I was looking to see if any of the stores had camera batteries. No success at Hawk's Town Mall. Then I went to eat at Wendys. I wanted a cheeseburger but their double cheeseburger set was 950 yen (9.50 usd)! Everything was expensive. They don't have all the items that we can order in America. They have hotdogs on their menu. I almost got one but I didn't want to go to Wendys and eat a hotdog. I ordered the cheese chicken filet set, but they ended up giving me the spicy chicken. oh well. I ate it anyway. I dont like spicy food but it wasn't too bad. It costed 750 yen which is 7.50! too expensive!

Then I decided I wanted to go check out Tenjin. Its a place where there are tons of malls. I wasn't planning on buying anything. Just looking around. Things are too expensive in Japan. I didn't even walk into any stores. I just walked around. I did go into a photo lab. They had camera batteries! I couldn't find my brand of choice-Energizer Lithium so I had to settle for Panasonic. I got the cheapest ones I could find which was 360 yen (3.60 usd). I didn't even know if they were compatible with my camera or not, but they worked so thats good.

Next I went to Hakata station. I wanted to check out Canal city. Its a mall with a canal running through it. It was easy to find. I walked around for a while and took pictures and then I decided I was going to leave. Then I walked by the courtyard. There was this man putting on a show. He was great. I decided to stay. He was doing all sorts of tricks. dangerous stuff--like riding a bicyle standing on the handlebars and seat. Riding a bicyle and juggling. It was very entertaining. I would never even think about trying the things he did!

Then I headed back to the airport. I had some time to kill when I got to the airport so I bought souveniers before checking in. I spent almost 7,000 yen on souveniers. That's almost 70 usd. Things add up fast in Japan! I didn't even get that much. I got magnets for 4 people at my school. I got something for myself and for my mom, dad and sister. Then I had to sit around and wait for the ticket counter to open. They wouldn't let us check in till 4:10 pm which was 2 hours before our flight was scheduled to leave. Check in went smoothly and security was fast. Then I got something to eat. A hot dog from one of the vendors. They didn't have that great of a selection. I also got some ice cream. It was a weird combination--they put cornflakes in the bottom of the cup then covered it with ice cream. The topping was more of a blueberry flavor.

Then I went to sit down and wait for my flight to board. While I was there I saw a korean man with a mullet! haha.

I spent 22,000 yen (220 usd) in Japan(spending my refund money! All of the money I took to Japan came out of my American bank account). It adds up fast! And I didn't really buy anything! I spent 5,400 for my visa. 1200 to ride the subway. 7,000 on souveniers. 4000 on meals. Its a good thing that I'm not a big shopper. If I really liked to shop I would have spent way too much money in Japan.

On the flight there were a bunch of Asians (Korean and Japanese) and 2 Americans. I didn't really like the snack. It was korean food. The flight went smoothly and we were back in Seoul around 7:15pm.

I called Mk when I arrived. He wanted me to meet him at Nokbeon at 10pm. Immigration went really fast once someone came over and told us that there was another section that went really fast. I was the first person in line in that section. It was hidden on the other side so we didn't know about it. We were in the long line then someone told us that there were shorter lines and pointed. Then I went to get my luggage.

Then I went outside to wait for the Airport Limo (its a bus). I got out there at 7:45. The last bus had just came at 7:40 so I had to wait till 8:26 for the next one. The bus ride on the airport bus took a little over an hour then I went to the subway station to ride it to nokbeon.

I got to Nokbeon around 10pm. Mk wasn't there when I was there. One of the people in charge made a copy of my new visa. Then told me to go home and rest. I had to go there just to get a copy of my visa. crazy. She told me to go home so I did! Mk wanted to see me but he wasnt there so I left.

he called around 11pm and asked where I was. I was at E-mart at the time. He said I have to meet him at Nokbeon tomorrow at 1:30pm. I don't really know why. I was curious so I asked him. All he said was something about meeting with the director. ok whatever.

I've already uploaded all my photos to my blog and facebook. I made 4 albums on Facebok and people were leaving comments on them as I was putting them up. I took a lot of photos. Probably close to 200.

I've got to get a new card or put the photos on that card on a disk. I have to keep deleting photos so I have room. Right now the card has about 800 photos.

I think one month I'm just going to splurge and buy a DSLR. I want a Nikon D40 which you can get in the USA for about 500-600usd. I might be able to find one here for about 500,000 to 600,000 won. I haven't looked around yet. Then I'll try to sell my digital camera. Its about 4 years old but its great. I love it--I just want to upgrade so I can have a lot of cool features to play around with.

Friday is payday!! I'm finally going to get a chair and some new clothes. I'll go shopping either Saturday or Sunday. Then on Monday I'll probably go transfer some money home and I have to pay a bill at the bank.

No comments: