Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 129

April 25th Saturday

Today I was suppose to go to a Foreigners Flea Market with Lesley. There was some mixup about the dates.

I arrived at the Sinseol-dong station around 12:30. We were going to meet at 12:30. While I was looking for the exit this Korean man started talking to me. He asked where I was from. He said he used to live in Los Angeles. His English was good. He talked to me while I was walking to the flea market. I got to the flea market around 12:40 and I called Lesley because I didnt know where we were going to meet. Then she told me that the foreigners flea market was tomorrow. There was some mixup on the dates. Some websites said today other websites said tomorrow. She said she would come anyway since I came all the way out there.

There was a regular flea market going on today. There were tons of booths set up with people selling things. I looked around for a while since I knew it was going to take Lesley a while to get there. I didn't see anything I wanted to buy. Lesley called and said she was going to take a taxi. I went to stand outside. It was very cold and I didn't wear my coat. And it was starting to rain. I didn't bring an umbrella either.

It took Lesley a long time to get there. There was some kind of bike race going on and traffic was jammed.

When she got there we just walked around. We were looking for somewhere to eat that wasn't Korean. We finally saw an Emart and I saw Burger King. We ate there.

So we were planning on going to the foreigner flea market but its tomorrow so we just walked around and ate at bk. Then we went our separate ways.

On my way home I stopped at Itaewon. It was raining so I was getting wet. I wanted to look for some clothes. I didnt have much success. I did end up buying a dress and a shirt to sleep in.i hate the lack of selection.

Then I came back home. I was planning on going to the Lotus Lantern Fesival pre activities but I just went home after a long day.

I was so tired! I took a long nap and then went shopping at E-mart. I just ended up getting some headphones and some dust remover. My laptop had a lot of dust between the keys so I got that can with air in it and now my laptop is clean! I was looking for camera batteries but I couldnt find any. plenty of regular batteries but no camera batteries. I want to try to find Energizer Lithium. I couldn't find it in E-mart. I used to see it in Home Plus, but I don't live close to HP anymore. I was also looking at shoes. I want some heels to wear with my dresses. I can wear a size 250 in korean shoes which equals a size 8 in America. I didn't end up buying any. I saw a nice pair of red patent leather shoes that I liked but they didn't have a price on them. I don't want them to start ringing them up and find out they are too expensive for me. I may go later and look at shoes again. But then again Im contemplating-heels hurt! and I have to do a lot of walking. I might end up never wearing them. I do like to wear heels with dresses, but I just don't think its very sensible. I'd have to carry a pair of flats with me to wear when I have to walk a lot from subway station to my destination. I'd only end up wearing the heels for a short amount of time. I'd consider buying a cheap pair of heels. I saw some that I liked for 9,900, but they were yellow and a little tight. I'm not crazy about yellow shoes. I do want a pair of red shoes, but I don't want to pay a lot of money.

I'm going to see Lesley's gym on Monday. If I like it I'm going to join at the first of the month. I really need to go to the gym. Its a bit pricey but if it helps it will be worth it. They give you 3 free personal training sessions to show you how to do stuff. They rent out shorts and a shirt to wear while you're there. I don't have to buy any gym clothes. Lesley will be my gym buddy.

Tomorrow I am going to the Lantern Festival festivities. There will be various booths set up during the day and a parade at night.

No comments: