Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 128....long wait at immigration

April 24 Friday

I had to get up early today so I could be at the immigration office at 11am. I had to meet MK there so I could apply for my Alien Registration Card. I got my number at 11:04am. I was 1137 and there were 47 people in front of me. I paid 10,000 won then mk asked me for my photo. I told him "I gave it to you." He forgot to bring it. (and he's the one who told me not to forget my forms!!)So he had to go home and get my form and my photo. There were tons of people in the immigration office. They only had 2 windows open at one time so it was moving very slowly. At one point they only had 1 window open. I was just observing everyone. There was this small kid who took the pen with the string attached to it. The woman at the desk came over to the woman who had the kid and was arguing and then she took the pen away from the kid and the kid started crying. I thought it was funny. The mom shouldn't have let her kid take the pen. While I'm waiting Mk is making small talk. He tells me "check your mailbox everyday to see if you have a bill". He is crazy. I'm a grown up. I know how to check my mail for bills. I walk by the mailbox every day. Half of the mail I get isn't even mine. I told him "I always pay my bills."

I finally got up to the counter at 12:50 or so. I gave them all my forms and I have to go pick up my ARC next Friday. Then I have to have a meeting with mk to set up medical, pension. We finally got out of there around 1pm. I was there for 2 hours! I was hoping to be out of there soon. I didn't bring my bookbag with me because I didn't think I'd be there that long. Then I had to go home and get my bookbag. I didn't leave my house till 2pm. I was about 20 minutes late for school.

My first and second classes today were normal. I actually had 2 students turn in their essays early! One of my students in my first class didn't want to take his weekly test. It was easy stuff to. Like "These are my eyes" and you had to match the picture with the statements about your face, hair or "She has long hair and braces". He just didn't want to do it. I told him that I was giving him a zero and he didnt seem to mind.

In my 3rd class one of the boys kept rolling up his paper and using it as a megaphone to startle the guy in front of him.

I actually have a full weekend planned. For the past 2 weekends I havent went anywhere.

Saturday-Foreigner's flea market with Lesley, Lotus Lantern Festival with a Meetup group.
Sunday--Lotus Lantern Festival

I was in E-mart around 10:30pm and I got a phone call from mk. He always likes to ask me "how are you" and "Where are you now?" Then he asks "Did you check your mailbox? Did you have a bill?". I told him that yes I did check my box and I didnt have a bill. He said "When you get a bill bring it to my school". oh my goodness. If he asks me one more time if I got a bill I'm going to ask him why. and I want to know what kind of bill Im suppose to be looking for. I've already paid my gas bill and cable bill. I told him that I haven't received my internet bill and he's suppose to be calling the company about that. Here's what I want to say- "I'm not stupid. I know how to pay bills!"

No comments: